Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden expects wait for Ducati front-end mods MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden expects wait for Ducati front-end mods

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden expects wait for Ducati front-end mods

Nicky Hayden says he’s got no idea when he will get his chance to race new front-end parts that proved a big breakthrough for Valentino Rossi in Brno last weekend. A vague front-end feeling and an understeer issue have been long-term complaints for Rossi and Hayden throughout the 2011 MotoGP campaign. Yet a revised front-end setting that Rossi raced to sixth place...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 August 2011 11:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I love the Ducati brand, Vale is and always will be my fave rider and I have much admiration for Nicky too and was stoked when he won his title. Although he won I think 2 races that season I believe he deserved it, but what I'm getting at here is what he needs more than his upgrades from Ducati is 1 thing, RESPECT. He gets proper mugged off there like he did at Honda, wish he would grow some balls and start throwing his weight about.

Reply to this Topic
Serjuna

Mar 11

Serjuna says:

No way

If Ducati had enough parts for both riders,  their spare bike and to rebuild eventual crashed bikes, nicky would receive them.

Some of you guys are saying Ducati is holding on the parts just to give rossi advantage over nicky in the next race?

Makes no sence.

Actualy, ducati enjoys when nicky pushes rossi, because we all know he is not risking too much.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Reran Indy 2010 recently.  Ducati were nowhere outside of the opening laps. Nick up in third and Casey chasing like a man posesed all the way into the gravel.  Maybe Nick will be double shuffled with parts availability for whatever stupid reason. Perhaps 1198 track time on the new surface = advantage. So, level the playing field between your riders. Rider B has the circuit knowledge. Rider A gets the trick bits. So what ?. Not likely they will be challenging for the podium anyway, but I am enjoying the Ducati Man of the Year championship within Championship MotoGP 2011.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

some people here really need to wake the f*ck up

Rossi's side of the garage were not "given" the front end fix. They discovered it.

Also, lets assume that some of the pondlife here were actually in charge of a high profile, world championship winning team (a stretch of the imagination I know but stay with me). You have 2 riders, but for the sake of consistency, accuracy of information, budget, linear thinking etc etc, you only need one of them to develop the bike. Do you choose the highly talented 1 time world champ, or do you choose the highly talented 9 times world champ? I guarantee if it was your money, you'd be putting it behind #46 too.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Nicky knows that he will be on a far better bike as a result of being Rossi's teamate than he would if he was a) on anyone else's b) responsible for it himself... As wwb mentioned happens in all teams. There wasn't too much complaint on here when Ducati spent the last 4 years building a bike for Casey to the extent that no one else could ride it Nicky included making 5 of the six ducatis a waste of a grid spot.. Now they're trying to build one Nicky will go well on(has already said it's a big improvement) they're still not happy.. Women...I don't know... Jury is still out on whether Jarvo made the right decision. Financially he got it totally wrong to the extent that Yam are even withdrawing from some competitions, and it doesn't look too good in the racing department either, not really fighting for the title more hoping Casey will make a mess of it..... Still he got his way.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Front end fix

some people here really need to wake the f*ck up

Rossi's side of the garage were not "given" the front end fix. They discovered it.

Can you explain what you mean here please. Do you mean that Rossi and Burgess themselves  discovered the cause of the lack of front end feel, determined exactly what new parts were required and requested Ducati make them?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gasguzzler

Sep 09

gasguzzler says:

bultoboy

seeing as its an adaptation of the M1 clamping system its not inconceiveable thats what happened ..... by the way its a pro active measure and not a solution , just an improvement.... 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

There is more to it than a clamping arrangement - revision of the CF structure of the headstock for example, to transmit more feedback.

Which is why I was interested in the claim that Rossi/Burgess 'discovered' it. What exactly did they discover was the question posed.

A question that will probably go unanswered.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Please stop it hugelean

Only a hermit who has been living under a rock the last couple of years and/or a ridiculous fanboy would continue to say "Ducati spent the last 4 years building a bike for Casey to the extent that no one else could ride it". They didn't "make" any bike for Stoner - they gave him a bike a told him to ride it. Even Casey said they barely listen to him and never had the money to make the changes he wanted or even gave him updates. If you think Rossi is concerned with making a bike that others can ride I have a bridge on beach front property on the moon to sell you. If it's so great for Hayden having Rossi as a teammate, funny how he had more top 5 finishes and was finishing closer to the front this time last year without Rossi's "development". It seems to me that they've gone no where this year. And unless it's proven that Val and Nicky have the same riding style and can use the same set up, it's not in the bank that he's better off with Rossi as a teammate leading development. The only benefit I see of having Rossi as a teammate this year is that Ducati have more money to dig themselves out of the shit hole they have themselves in.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

HAYDEN

DON'T TALK TO MUCH!! HAYDEN IS FINISH! he'll never get WC. all rossi's partners had proved it!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices