Skip to content

Discuss This Honda expects Casey Stoner to race in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda expects Casey Stoner to race in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda expects Casey Stoner to race in Japan

Honda has once again made it clear it expects all of its factory-contracted riders, including world championship leader Casey Stoner, to attend the re-scheduled Japanese MotoGP round in early October. Although Stoner appears more open to going to the Twin Ring Motegi round on October 2 now after earlier refusing point-blank to race, the Aussie still hasn't 100 per cent committed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 August 2011 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Cancel Contract?

and let Casey go... Whoa... Guess Suzuki will be flying next year then :)

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Random Q...

What happens if Stoner's contract IS cancelled and he heads over to another team mid-season? I'm guessing his championship points carry over(?)

And if that were so, and he did win the championship on another bike, would that put him in the history books for winning on two different machines in the same year? (Or has there already been that record)? (Not that he'd want to do it, but it'd be a tempting one-off prospect to be something a bit different in the MotoGP history facts-book!)

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

Shame if Stoner goes and Lorenzo doesn't

If Stoner is going to Motegi I hope Lorenzo does as well, and vice versa. Otherwise, for evermore it will be 'X only won the championship because Y didn't race at Motegi'. Depending on how the points stack up of course.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

He is expected to race in Japan.

A very important race for the manufacturer Stoner races for and especially as Honda own the circuit. I seriously doubt Honda would cancel his contract but you know what HRC are like towards their riders ask a certain Hayden.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
seamas

Jan 09

seamas says:

SUZUKA ????!!!!!!

It's about time the GP went back to Suzuka.  We can't live in the past forever ! Motegi is inconvienient-1 hr from the station by bus !! there are hardly any facilities there too and most important, from a spectators point of view it's DRAB to say the least.  It always rains to boot !!

Wander why there's hardly anyone there ??!!!

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Sack him, its the only way!!!

I think its funny that Honda could even seriously consider terminating a contract with the guy who's looking like winning the Championship for them. It is funny and would be even funnier if they did get rid of the guy. Lol.

I think they should make him go as the Jap fans need to see their home team while they are at the top after years of Yamaha taking the glory.

I dare say Moaner will go as he really doesn't have any choice. If Lorenzo went and he didn't its easy points for Lorenzo. If they want to punish him properly they should take him to the Nuclear Plant for the day!!!!

Reply to this Topic
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

that kind of attitude..

..is why Few peoplke like Honda. Ask Rossi and Hayden if they wanna ride for them again.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Terminate their contract ?

Not going to happen. Just picture it, Stoner, Pedrosa, Dovi and Simoncelli refuse to go.

Aoyama the lone Honda rider. I think not. Agree that if Stoner goes, Lorenzo should also and likewise Lorenzo then Stoner.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Don't be so stupid.

Will sacking a rider solve anything just because he refuses to race in a country it will only cause more problems.

Reply to this Topic
TeamPunkass

Jan 10

TeamPunkass says:

hmmmmmmmmm

If Honda decides to terminate Stoner's contract, they will lose this year's championship plain and simple, and I'd bet that another factory would find the $ to hire him unless the factories agree to blacklist him and any rider that doesn't show in Japan.

Suzuka - This is from an interview MotoMatters.com did w/ Honda's boss, Nakamoto-san: "Though he personally liked Suzuka, the track has not been approved by the FIM and would be unlikely to receive FIM approval for MotoGP."

Full interview here: http://motomatters.com/interview/2011/08/21/hrc_boss_shuhei_nakamoto_debrief_transcr.html

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices