Skip to content

Discuss This Bird box disguised as a speed camera General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bird box disguised as a speed camera

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Bird box disguised as a speed camera

A pensioner in Somerset has become so fed up with speeding road users breaking the 30mph limit through his village that he built a bird box in the shape of a speed camera and put it up outside his house. Ian Magee lives in Willerton, Somerset and spent a week building a wooden bird box as an exact replica of a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 August 2011 12:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Histy

Sep 10

Histy says:

Birds

This is ace, I'm sure he will attract may birds. I'm thinking of making on that looks like a pair of boobs, see if that works to.

Histy - www.motorcycle-training.info

Reply to this Topic
T1G3R

Nov 09

T1G3R says:

@Histy ... Great tits? ;)

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

boobs

bet if you made it look like a pair of boobs you would have to take it down staight away because of all the PC dicks!

A week to make but would only take seconds to destroy,i wonder how long it will be there for now people know its wood?

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

pensioner

Its like he has nothing better with a week of his life...

...mind you I didn't realise these days you needed planning permission for bird boxes, whether they look like cameras or not.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

this story must be about 2 years old by now, wonder if its still there ?

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bird box

Tell you what guys; better a bird box diguised as a camera than a camera disguised as a bird box.  Wouldn't surprise me if the 'safety camera' partnership have thought about that already LOL.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

MarcusMarsh

well they......... allready have money grabbing arseholes with nothing better to do than hide in the best places so as to fine as many otherwise law-abiding people as much of their dwindeling incomes as they can........Disguised as safety camera vans!

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

clutter

I like the 'should be taken down as it is providing unnecessary clutter to the area'  remark.  Think I'll start campaining to get them removed from outside my house on the same grounds.

Reply to this Topic
CobbZ

Jun 10

CobbZ says:

Councils

You just can't fucking win with them can ya?

Absolute cunts. The lot of 'em.

Reply to this Topic
Gizmo1967

Aug 03

Gizmo1967 says:

No such place

The correct spelling of the place is Williton, the location is on the A358 Tower Hill, which is just prior to the junction of the A358 & A39. And the silly old bugger needs to be prosecuted.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices