Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Do you want traction control? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Do you want traction control?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Do you want traction control?

MCN would like to know: do you want traction control? Vote in the poll and add your comment at the bottom of the page!  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 August 2011 15:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mike1300

Oct 05

mike1300 says:

traction control

i have been riding a long time and dont think i need it on the road and i dont ride on track .when i first started riding it was not even thought on bikes so i did not have a option i would imagine abs would be a more usefull option for most rider as you dont have the option off getting out of late braking

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Szmolo

In 2010 I baught the awsome BMW S1000RR now at the point of buying the bike I opted to not have TC and the slic-shift,, the reason: Ive ridden bike for over 30years , alsorts ,, and never had TC or slic shift, Im not a crazy rider I dont think am Rossi, I enjoy the feel of the bike, dont get me wrong, am as fast as the rest , but at the right time. not all super bike riders are jonny go fast race boys.

any way !

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Szmolo

In 2010 I baught the awsome BMW S1000RR now at the point of buying the bike I opted to not have TC and the slic-shift,, the reason: Ive ridden bike for over 30years , alsorts ,, and never had TC or slic shift, Im not a crazy rider I dont think am Rossi, I enjoy the feel of the bike, dont get me wrong, am as fast as the rest , but at the right time. not all super bike riders are jonny go fast race boys.

any way !

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Szmolo

any way !

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Szmolo

any way !

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Old Bro....

fucking hell my old cyber mate , you got the shakes or what?

Reply to this Topic
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

Traction Control

We might as well get used to it as soon enough it's going to be standard across all models - especially sports bikes - in the drive to improve motorcycle safety.  At the end of the day its better to have it and not need it than not have it and wish you did.  I'm sure anyone that has high sided will agree!

The same argument can be made for ABS, linked brakes, launch control and the raft of new safety widgets that many new models (particularly beemers) are being fitted with.  I approve of the increased safety angle from the manufacturers as motorcycle casualties and fatalities - although steadily falling over the last several years - are still unacceptable high.  Its either safety features or mandatory further training as far as the government are concerned.  My only worry is that for every gadget that is installed is another electical gizmo to go wrong!  I fear that the days of servicing, modifying or repairing your own machine, a key part of the pleasure of bike ownership in my opinion, may be coming to an end.  Soon it will be like modern cars where you need close to MotoGP pit lane mechanics and tools to do simple jobs.

But I own a TDM850 and Bonneville, so I'm OK for the time being!

Reply to this Topic
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

Traction Control

We might as well get used to it as soon enough it's going to be standard across all models - especially sports bikes - in the drive to improve motorcycle safety.  At the end of the day its better to have it and not need it than not have it and wish you did.  I'm sure anyone that has high sided will agree!

The same argument can be made for ABS, linked brakes, launch control and the raft of new safety widgets that many new models (particularly beemers) are being fitted with.  I approve of the increased safety angle from the manufacturers as motorcycle casualties and fatalities - although steadily falling over the last several years - are still unacceptable high.  Its either safety features or mandatory further training as far as the government are concerned.  My only worry is that for every gadget that is installed is another electical gizmo to go wrong!  I fear that the days of servicing, modifying or repairing your own machine, a key part of the pleasure of bike ownership in my opinion, may be coming to an end.  Soon it will be like modern cars where you need close to MotoGP pit lane mechanics and tools to do simple jobs.

But I own a TDM850 and Bonneville, so I'm OK for the time being!

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

traction control?

I think I'd prefer handlebar mounted machine guns and fairing mounted flame throwers. The country's well and truly gone to the dogs and people are worrying about their rear wheels spinning up a little bit?! Jesus...

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

when the gods at Suzuki give birth to the replacement for the HYABUSA I would love to have a whimp switch , however until 400 bhp becomes available I would hate to activate it. As for 3 mode settings on my 2010 busa what a waste of technology that was. Never used it in 37000 miles of very mixed conditions. Its fine for dumbassed car drivers though . As for twatish poser types then its something else to bore the shit out of their friends in the pub.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices