Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Do you want traction control? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Do you want traction control?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Do you want traction control?

MCN would like to know: do you want traction control? Vote in the poll and add your comment at the bottom of the page!  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 August 2011 15:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
duffmeister

Aug 11

duffmeister says:

NO

NOOOOOOOO THATS ALL I GOTTA SAY ABOUT THAT SH*T

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

no way

Nothing more exciting than a nearly moment when the rear spins up

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

No ta.

Absolutely do not want traction control.

I want 12,000 mile service intervals, automatic/hydraulic valve adjusters, tyres that last 20,000 miles, shaft drive, 100mpg, three cylinders, enough poke to maintain 90mph two up with luggage uphill into a headwind at less than 5,000 rpm, adjustable handlebars, seat and footrests, secure internal storage for two XL FF helmets, a fairing that works, stainless steel exhaust, ABS, analogue speedo and revcounter, think that's about it.

Oh, price not more than £7000.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Seriously........

.............i am a bit at odds as to "who" actually poses this question ?

Give it as an optional extra (track day setting) but come on, seriously.

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

Yes but...

I had a nasty little rear end slide on some loose chippings that nearly caught me out the other day - for me, traction control is a useful safety feature. However I don't want this to significantly increase the price of bikes (which it inevitably will).

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I love all the views coming from people that have never used it. Jeeeeees, talk about 'stuck in the times'.

The reason traction control is now filtering down into sportsbikes is A) because they now have the technology to do it, and B) because that bike then gets homologated to be used in its road trim for superstock racing.

Its called progress guys. And if progress didnt happen, you would all still be riding around on your shit box GPZ's etc etc.

If you dont like it, dont buy a bike that has it. If you dont have the option, then just put the control on its minimum setting or off.......and highside yar ass to the moon.

But dont write it off if you have never tried it.

Reply to this Topic
nathanwells2007

Jun 11

traction control

hi fuzzrr its ok you sayin all that about traction control but their ridding them selfs. get rid of traction control even dovy and rossi have said get rid then you get talent ok people are doing well like stoner but the racing is gettin some what tame at the moment give the riders a challenge instead of launch control traction control ect theirs my rant.

Reply to this Topic
Feakster

Mar 10

Feakster says:

Yes, but...

Yes... but only on the proviso that I can switch it off. Sliding the rear and wheelies are some of the few joys I have left in life. I'd only really want traction control for the wet.

Reply to this Topic
Feakster

Mar 10

Feakster says:

However

I don't think it has a place in motorsport.

Reply to this Topic
GSXFun

Apr 09

GSXFun says:

Yes although mainly...

For residual value!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle