Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Do you want traction control? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Do you want traction control?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Do you want traction control?

MCN would like to know: do you want traction control? Vote in the poll and add your comment at the bottom of the page!  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 August 2011 15:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ethicalkidnap

Mar 11

Yes

Traction control, for some reason or other, gets a bad rap (mostly from people who haven't used it), but I think it's a brilliant invention. Much like ABS it's just an extra safety barrier, especially for inexperienced riders (and please don't try to tell me that you can come to a stop without locking the front wheel faster than ABS can - 'cos that's bull).

Imagine you're riding round a tight corner, completely banked over, and OH SH*T there's some gravel strewn across the road - I bet my left nut that when your TCS kicks in and you don't just bin it, you'll be thankful for it. Perhaps it doesn't have a place in motorsport, but even with traction control these guys are completely out of anyone's league here in terms of riding skill.

And nathanwells2007, please for the love of god, learn to use punctuation. I have literally NO idea what you just said.

Reply to this Topic
gasgas280

Jul 08

gasgas280 says:

YES

for all those who say that it interferes with their riding ability or they can control it better with their right wrist you are talking sh!te and have probably not even ridden a bike with it!

i have been riding the s1000rr both on the road and on track since its launch and the TC has helped out loads, with 193bhp and the state of the UK roads it is a must for me. it is so uninvasive you wouldn't even know it was active until you needed it... and dont forget it isn't just for when the tyre slides it also helps out when the front wheel get too skyward.

i agree that it is possible to ride fast without it but if you are fast without it, imagine how quick you could be with it!?

or it may be a case of not being able to afford a bike with it...

Reply to this Topic
markfireblade

Aug 02

enough safety gadgets!

Its out of control !!!

No not the bike all this techno wizardry.

Yes gasgas I agree those who say it interferes are as you state "talking shite", BUT I want a bike to be engaging, exciting and yes possibly a bit dangerous. Isn't that what riding a bike is supposed to be? a spirit of adventure, a display of thinking outside of societies expected norms. I dont want to stand on a street corner and whilst wearing my airbag suit exclaim .. <norman normal mode on>"oooh yes its got anti crash, anti skid, super safe unobtainium brakes that prevent you getting too close the ve-hicle in front by applying a sattelite controled emergency progress resistor"  

If I want "safe" I'll drive my car with airbags, abs, side impact protection etc etc... Its a bike FFS  - let it be one!

Reply to this Topic
markfireblade

Aug 02

Better still just to be ultra safe I'll sell the bike and buy a nice little car..  :o(

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Yes

I just bet the knobhead on his flash fireblade at Willingham woods last week (17th August) who crashed may just think about TC on his next bike! Waves if you're here, Oh did me and my mates laugh at you! Showing off just never really works does it!! Lmao!!

And I can also safely say that pretty much everyone who voted no is the type who likes to wheelie and do burn outs, just to make the rest of us look even worse to the anti bike brigade, bloody yobs!!

Stick TC on ALL bikes with no option to turn it off, then those morons may just find another past time and let those who love biking get on with it.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Traction control?

If this is the thin end of the EEC wedge I don't think that 'traction control' will be its accurate term. If all bikes above eg.600cc have to have this then I think it will become an 'acceleration control'. Add this to corner speed warning, speed warning, ABS, etc and there is no way it will stay purely an anti-spin monitor. With riding being ever closely regulated and electronic packages ready and waiting it takes no step of the imagination to have the rate of acceleration controlled too.

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

no thanks

never riden a bike with TC, and i dont really want to, i can see the benefits of it, but i think any plonker who rides in a dangerous manner deserves to come off and learn from their mistakes. buy a car you pussies if you want safety. it takes talent and skill to ride fast without TC. ride within your own abilities.

Reply to this Topic
Grumpyoldtechie

Aug 11

Traction control

No, I don't want or need traction control as I can manage the bike far better than any computer can. Same goes for ABS - I can outbrake any ABS with the power of my brain. Don't need fuel injection either. I'd prefer manual throttle, fuel and air controls. Electronic ignition? You get much better results with manual advance and retard. I don't need satnav because I've got a 1933 AA Gazetteer. Computer systems are only installed on cars and bikes so they can be remotely monitored and controlled by the EU.

Nurse! Nurse!  Quickly, it's happened again.......

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

No traction control thanks, too much expense and unnecesary complication,same goes for ABS etc, the big brother EU police and nanny state will doubtless have other ideas via directives cooked up by unelected bureucrats to force this technology onto the masses, get back to basics, bikes should be FUN to ride and inexpensive to run, time to move away from 30 MPG and 190 MPH  and complex electronics, more usable machines designed for 70MPG and 120MPH please, along with vastly better build quility that can be ridden year round and not look like they have been through a vat of acid after one winter, I live in hope 

Reply to this Topic
markfireblade

Aug 02

blue200tdi

blue200tdi (is that a car?) is that because you can't wheelie by any chance? (And just for the record I am no wheelie god and burnouts are too expensive! lol)

We find fault in other people's riding (and driving) and his "flash" fireblade - it bit of jealousy there?

So the guy dropped it - it happens. its part of the risk of something called "fun"

Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning bad behaviour, but lets at least live and let live in our own ranks!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices