Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards poised for Forward Racing 2012 deal? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards poised for Forward Racing 2012 deal?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards poised for Forward Racing 2012 deal?

Colin Edwards insists he’s not been put off riding for a new private team in MotoGP after confirming to MCN he could ride a highly-tuned BMW S1000RR-powered machine in 2012. MCN has learned Edwards has been locked in negotiations with the Forward Racing squad, which plans to move to MotoGP from Moto2 in 2012 using a BMW S1000RR engine in a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 August 2011 10:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

1000cc

if they kick collin, nobody have experiences in 1000cc or 990cc. is it true?

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

I seriously doubt

Colin would take a CRT seat. First off, I didn't see a CRT team having the money to pay him - Colin has said many times he's not riding for free. I would be surprised if Colin ran a CRT bike and not say the factory BMW in WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
glenndavis06

Feb 08

glenndavis06 says:

We love Colin but give it up

non of those guys has any experience in the 1000cc bikes so its a bad idea for Yamaha. for Colin i think he needs to move back to world super bike and end his years there then go home and enjoy his wife and kids. i hate when the riders we love don’t know when to stop, there are only so many rids on the grid and its time fro young new riders to have the chance. The old guys have had grate years or racing and grate careers so give the opportunity to a new person that has worked hard for it . I think Colin has a shit load of knowledge to pass one and I think he needs to pass that on to some one.

Reply to this Topic
Molehillbmx

Oct 09

Molehillbmx says:

glenndavis...

glenndavis... contradiction & a half!! "non of those guys has any experience in the 1000cc bikes so its a bad idea for Yamaha" & then "I think Colin has a shit load of knowledge to pass one and I think he needs to pass that on to some one".....sort ya sen out sunny :)

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Well it gives me some heart that CRT might not be an entirely dead loss... Mika was reguilarly 2 to 3 secs off the pace on the Pramac Duc last year so to be only 4 secs off the pace of the full factory 1000's on a bike that's not fully developed to race yet has to give us some hope... they need to attract quality riders to be competitive though so it's likely they'll be duelling with the rented GP bikes rather than up at the front.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Agree with you Hedgehog

if CRT does not pull in some good names who can both develop a bike and ride fastthen the series will be lost before it starts.

In this vien, CE is THE man. His experience in 250's, 600's, AMA, WSBK, 990's and 800's and through a list of well managed and funded teams makes him an ideal candidate for development of a CRT bike. You have to think that if you have CE for one year then 2013 your bike will be the one to beat.

4 seconds off at the lastest test, who knows, with more experienced input come season opener the CRT teams could be 1.5 seconds off and regularly beating Rossi :-p

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

chrisg011

FFS - This post is about Colin Edwards and a possible ride for a private Suter team in GP next year yet somehow you bring Rossi into it ?

It's people like you that mean he is mentioned in every bloody thread.... muppet.

Reply to this Topic
tas901q

Jul 10

tas901q says:

Perfect for CRT

CE is exactly what a CRT team need and this as a concept and now a reality should be pushed, promoted and supported more give the CRT teams there own league table as well and it could easily give us the full grids we wat and expect lets look at Evo class bBSB ok not exactly the same thing but they also have no chance of winning overall but we have packed grids and great competition all the way down the line up. Now that they have a couple of years of development they are getting faster and faster each race and that is exactly how I imagine the CRT teams to be slow at first but with experience and development getting faster and faster. In fairness also as previously stated no offence but Mika Kallio is hardly the man to be judging results by. (He is still faster blindfolded and hungover than I will ever be though).

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Question is.

New team comes into the class will CRT be competitive in 2012 I am looking forward to seeing this bike next year.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

No

You can't have two Brit in one team. Surely....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices