Skip to content

Discuss This No morale issue at Ducati, says Nicky Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No morale issue at Ducati, says Nicky Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No morale issue at Ducati, says Nicky Hayden

Nicky Hayden says morale inside Ducati’s factory MotoGP camp hasn’t suffered, despite a bitterly disappointing 2011 world championship campaign. American Hayden and team-mate Valentino Rossi have scored just two podiums between them as this year’s Desmosedici has struggled to match the performance of Honda’s RC212V and Yamaha’s YZR-M1. Although he’s finished all 11 races so far this season, Hayden has only finished...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 August 2011 10:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Indeed!...

"Were you there at these secret meetings where all these riders were offered money behind each others backs? Were you there when Rossi was supposedly talking himself out of a job and when he was constantly whining about JL? (seem to remember JL doing a lot of whining actually) Were you there at the time Yamaha were talking to Stoner about contracts and also when Rossi supposedly blocked Yamaha taking on stoner?"

Where were you on the night of August the 8th?... Where did you get that flat screen TV you're watching MotoGP on?... Where have you hidden your hoodie?... ooh I like this... can I be Bad Cop?

:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cdlacey

Jul 11

cdlacey says:

A recent article suggested that Stoner rides the bike fast regardless of feedback, and that his willingness to low side and crash in previous seasons masked the fact the bike wasn't great.

Secondly, the lap times are faster this year, it may be more that the rest of the field has improved their machines, but that Ducati were struggling to make headway with the GP11 compared to previous seasons.

Finally, the gap to the front is coming down, if similar advancements have been made again, then the Ducati could be competetive once more.

I'm not a Ducati fan particularly (I ride a Yam, and follow HRC in racing), but I don't think anyone on this forum is in a position to really know what's going on, the only thing you can say for certain is that if Rossi can't win on the bike, that there is a high probability that the problem is the bike, and that just because someone else could win with the same bike last season, does not mean they would be competetive this season.

IDC tbh, BSB is 10x as interesting as Moto GP anyway!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Hedge-plod..

No comment!!

Anyway, my 'questioning' was getting at the fact Aquarius was talking as if he was there and everything he wrote was all factual... I truly suspect he was not there when all the things happened that he proclaims to know so much about meaning his very nicely written story is not as water tight as he would like to think...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Johnny no stars

needs some validation.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

How long is it going to take for the Ducati to be sorted? After millions of dollars and a second version of the GP11 the bike is still not competitive. It seems like Rossi and JB have done as much as they can and the engineers ae questioning there theories on CF and rumours are spreading that a alloy frame is approaching. The facts of most stories come down to what we recieve from the media and all I am hearing from the media is excuses from Ducati and co.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Kafkaesque Interrogation...

I had a dream – or was it a nightmare? On top of a bright light in my face, someone was cranking a field telephone with the terminals attached to my testicles and another was inserting burning slivers under my fingernails. And then, behind the Krieg light - I saw - some anonymous, know-nothing flake wearing a rubber face mask depicting some actor playing a dysfunctional and monosyballic Negro dude with a Mohawk hair-do from a very silly and infantile TV show from long, long ago. 1983-1987, I believe... And HE was asking ME questions about what I knew... Come back Salvador Dali, creator of “The Great Masturbator”

You want “surreal” – here it is: “As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don’t know.” Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense, 12th February 2002.

Unlike the tortured and unintelligible syntax of this other silly & infantile product of the USA – everything I say is “fact” and based on matters of experience, public record and information from contacts in the sport. If I am the only one with vast experience and friends in the right places and who reads and listens, learns and remembers – this is someone else’s problem and not mine. Go and interrogate the appendage you use for the Sin of Onan. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Opening salvo

I predict the next incarnation of the GP16 Rossi races will be the two seater complete with Uccio snuggled up tight behind as they continue their weight distribution experiment. For reasons Burgess doesn't fully understand Rossi continues with this set-up saying it provides him with the right balance of both stiffness and flex, despite all the accepted data saying this is plainly wrong. Uccio's undies however are no longer yellow.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Aquarius..

A simple "No, i wasn't there" Would have been sufficient!

Keep smiling hey..

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

One bit of good news.

For Hayden is he has done better then his team-mate on the Indy circuit in terms of points buts stats like that don't mean much.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You just keep smoking John Lennon

I did imagine as you suggested and guess what nothing changed!

Provided nothing unforeseen happens I'd be surprised if Hayden wasn't top Duke. That's presuming he does have the same kit as Rossi. Haydens home record suggests he somehow raises his game beyond its usual level. Quite an indictment on his riding really. Perhaps Casey was right, Nicky should just concentrate on his own game more.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices