Skip to content

Discuss This 121mpg from Honda's new Vision 110 commuter New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 121mpg from Honda's new Vision 110 commuter

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

121mpg from Honda's new Vision 110 commuter

Honda's new Vision 110 scooter is the latest low-cost bike from the Japanese firm, with a phenomenally low RRP of £1800. Replacing the Lead 110, it's a 110cc fuel-injected, OHC, four-stroke single that returns a proven 121mpg from a 5.5 litre tank. Features include electric start, a low 760mm seat height, under-seat storage capable of taking a full face helmet and two...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 August 2011 13:51)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
angusfarquhar

Aug 02

sorry, not impressed

I still fail to understand how we have such poor mpg on bikes. With the latest generation of 1000cc cars fast closing on 100mpg how the hell is a scooter with a tenth the size of the engine only capable of 120mpg? My first bike was a Bajaj 125 (a 40 year old design) and that got 95mpg. Have things really not changed at all? If I could actually park at my job in London it would actually cost me less to drive to work in a new Polo than it would a 600 naked 'commuter' bike. The only things that get the kind of mpg of this new Vision are far too slow to take me on my 37 miles each way. Come on manufacturers, sort it out.

Reply to this Topic
sallison30

Mar 08

sallison30 says:

Manufacturers just don't get it. Oil companies decide what sort of obscene profit they want and price oil accordingly. The more economical vehicles become, the higher the price of oil. We're still just as out of pocket as we ever were.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

121mpg

is trifling... how about 235mpg from the Innova 125 (Visions bigger brother). http://www.velomobiel.nl/allert/Recumbent%20motorbike.htm

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

hey neilbob

Swap your Buell for one of these. Look at that spec baby - tidy. MattMorris called it - I'd rather walk as well. I wonder if Nicholas Parsons has one?

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Would like to see how this compares with...

other bikes ridden at the same speed. If you trundle along at 60 in 6th a F800 will do at least 90 and at 50 it shows over 100.. How about an objective test of mpg with a f800, a cbf125 and perhaps a 250 xmax on the same journeys...

Reply to this Topic
cdlacey

Jul 11

cdlacey says:

I'm with Angus...

How can a small car, producing 50/60HP and weighing 800+ Kg with a 1 litre engine return better MPG than my 600?

When it comes to fuel efficiency advantages, less weight, less drag, less rolling resistance from a bike should have normal street bikes way ahead of poxy little sh*t boxes.

121 MPG from a moped might sound like a lot, but compared to the weight of the thing, that's pretty shocking.

Reply to this Topic
kernowjim

Aug 11

kernowjim says:

I'm with Sallison30

you are absolutely spot on and I wonder how much Honda et al have invested with such oil companies?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgeholer

Mar 06

Hedgeholer says:

One small leap for ....

The same outfit's Honda 90s were getting in the 100mpg range 40 years or so back.

Now if they'd squeezeed that out of something over 500cc then I might be impressed, even interested enough to care. 

Reply to this Topic
jhg100

Feb 09

jhg100 says:

Completely agree

What a piss poor effort!! My CBF125 I learned on managed better than 100mpg and that was still quite fun. My present Street Triple will only do 45-50mpg but at least it's got the performance to justify such average economy. A poxy little scooter, if it had half the investment in time and money that the little tin boxes got, should be pushing out at least 15bhp and 300mpg. I know that sounds optimistic but really, is it? Scooters are supposed to be the cheap option for commuting but that lie is only going to survive for so long if massive companies like Honda don't pull their finger out! And last in my rant... What a stupid article!! Why are you pandering to such bulls***. You should be the ones telling Honda to shove this joke up their ****. Why aren't you searching for the innovation that we want to read about rather than just regurgitating multinational's press releases?

Reply to this Topic
nigelcollinson

Aug 11

jhg100 -Are you missing the point?

This is a commuter vehicle that achieves almost three times the fuel economy of your Street Triple, at a quarter of the purchase price. The insurance group will also allow for significant savings. It's not designed to compete with your bike - this is an urban commuter. It is fit for purpose.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle