Skip to content

Discuss This Dealer refuses to sell Yamaha OW-01 General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Dealer refuses to sell Yamaha OW-01

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Dealer refuses to sell Yamaha OW-01

This rare Yamaha FZR750RR OW-01 with only six miles on the clock has been standing in a showroom for 22 years, but despite customers offering £30,000, the dealer is still refusing to sell. The bike was bought by the original owner of Keys Motorcycles in Worthing, Sussex, the late Basil Keys. It arrived at the dealership on May 22, 1989 and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 August 2011 15:31)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dtrides

Mar 11

dtrides says:

OW 01

A few years back I saw a lovely R1 outside the grocery store. I looked around for someone with a helmet and gear and found a fella late in his 60's. I asked if that was his bike and with a big grin he confirmed. I said I ride as well and had a CBR 1KRR. we had a nice chat and committed to a ride that weekend even though it was a three hour ride to meet up with him. We had a splendid day riding and chatting. This bloke was full of life. He asked if I would like to come by his house as it was on a great road he wanted to show me . So off we went. After more good conversation with he and his wife he takes me out to his garage and with a sly grin says he has something to show me. There it was , the beautiful OW 01. It 30 thousand miles on the clock but was in tip top condition. It was his pride and joy but he decided it earned a rest from every day use and picked up the R1 . I am 53 and ride a modified Street Triple but I want to be just like him when I grow up:). DT

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Every bike has it's price. personally I think 30K was way too much for what this bike is worth and he was mad to turn it down, unless of course the bike has sentimental attachment with being his fathers.

Reply to this Topic
loatmead

Sep 10

loatmead says:

OW01

I think its great that a dealer is holding on to something like this, most of them would sell their mothers if they could turn a quick profit. Good on you m8.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Non-story

There are hundreds of thousands of bikes out there which are not being sold, what's the big deal about this one?

Reply to this Topic
fastphil1

Apr 09

fastphil1 says:

thrashed!!

nice bike..nice to have it on show..but not worth £30,000...

so the bike has done only six miles...not even run in?and has been used at brighton speed trials.!!.

thrashed from new.....

Reply to this Topic
Vortex52

Oct 09

Vortex52 says:

Yamaha with vaseline

I would suggest "keys motorcycle" to give this bike a good handfull of vaseline and stuff it.....£30k for and old bike...it's a laugh!

Reply to this Topic
Feakster

Mar 10

Feakster says:

Hmm...

I can think of a great many other ways to spend £30k... and that before I've even got to other bikes.

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Rossi

Rossi needs a Deltabox....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN