Skip to content

Discuss This MCN IAM Better Riding Guide: A planned system of riding General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN IAM Better Riding Guide: A planned system of riding

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Stefan Bartlett  says:

MCN IAM Better Riding Guide: A planned system of riding

Approaching riding in a planned way will quickly help you to improve your motorcycling skills. It will help you spot hazards earlier and plan your progress in an efficient way. Hazards you may encounter can range from physical features such as junctions, roundabouts, bends and hill crests, to the movements of other road users, changes in the road surface and problems that...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 August 2011 16:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

oh, that's how you do it, now...... How do I wipe my Ass?

Reply to this Topic
craig1000

Sep 12

craig1000 says:

my ass

I prefer two wipes up and one wipe down

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

!

if you dont understand such basic things you should be made to resit the test.total bollocks.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Advanced.

You can read it or work it out for yourself but it doesn't count unless you're nursed through it on the road by one of the Jedi's, I understand.

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

Jeeeeezzuusss!! don't they go on. I hear a voice like the

old Pathe News when I read this stuff. Planned riding? So busy planning you forget to enjoy it. And these outfits all place to much emphasis on worrying about what's behind you. If you're overtaking or moving off then fine, chuck a quick look over your shoulder, but it's what's in front you need to be paying most attention too.

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

My ass

Fold the toilet paper and wipe in a clockwise direction.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Downshift

I was taught by Jason Pridmore to downshift in advance to help slow the bike, to do it at a higher engine speed where it is smoother (less negative effect on rear wheel traction), and to keep the engine in the range where it is responsive. Also, with the ball’s of one’s feet on the pegs for body positioning, one cannot use the rear brake.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Do car drivers get this?

A bit of roundabout training for the halfwits in cars out there wouldn't go a miss.

Reply to this Topic
rcraven

Nov 08

rcraven says:

It seems this information is a waste of time as it appears that everyone previously contributed  knows absolutely everything about motorcycling and as far as they are concerned need to learn nothing more.,so one is preaching to the converted.

Why not forget the loss of page from the IAM and just concentrate on your obvious core business of  informing idiots and morons how to ride at speeds in excess of 120 mph on a sunday morning. teach them how to control the bike at that speed and u have an audience.

That audience wont be buying your paper for to long.  Its only the bad weather thats keeping them alive.!!!!

Reply to this Topic
rcraven

Nov 08

rcraven says:

I forgot to add that a bad attitude will kill you  and just as much as well  anything else. but quicker.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices