You are in... Forums > General > General > Your longest day

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Your longest day

When visiting my friends in Riogordo (Near Malaga) I usually allow two days to cover the trip back up to Santander for the ferry home.  However, last year the weather forecast predicted incoming storms for the second day so I had an early start with the intention of getting as far as I could on day one.  The thinking being that if I did then catch the stroms on the second day I wouldn't have so far to go.  Well, long story short, I did the whole trip in a day.  I left Riogordo at 08:00 and arrived at my hotel just outside Santander at 20:30 that evening - a total distance of 627 miles on my VFR. 

That is by far the biggest distance I have covered in a day.

So, how about you guys?  What was your longest day?     

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (26 August 2011 16:43)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

11,654 miles

London to New Zealand, but in a Jumbo. Absolutely knackering (even in Business Class). Although crossed the IDL so probably a bit longer than a day

Is that cheating?

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

On a bike

Very similar.

Ashfield (Notts) to Clarmont Ferrand (France) in one hit of 680 miles, on the zx-9.  We were en-route to Narbonne, but gave up and found somewhere to eat and sleep!

Have done over 500 on many occassions!
Less than 150 isn't even a proper ride out! :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
CharlieSYLO

Mar 11

CharlieSYLO says:

Not on a bike.

Went fishing for a week at a mate cabin when I lived in Quebec. 2 trucks full of us and gear. 10 hours heading north, then 4 hours proper off road to the cabin. Not sure of the mileage, but the journey was knackering, and had to lump everything down to the cabin (about 1/4 mile) when we got there. Plus having to wrap both trucks in chicken wire to keep the porcupines from eating the brake lines and anything else inedible on the trucks.

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Shuggie

Done the London to NZ one a few times.  It takes 3 days to get there and 1 day to get back.:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

Not a great distance

but did go from Folkestone to Leeds at night day after passed my test,  late November so weather was shit, by myself,  on a 250 Superdream.

That was entertaining:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

Longest Day

Not on a bike - Starting at 4am from Norwich to Leeds, South Shields, over to the M6 down to Queensferry nr Chester, Leeds and back to Norwich.  Got back at 8pm that night as I had to wait for a parcel. 750 miles

Not on a bike - Norwich to Glasgow and back to Norwich in one night.  800 miles approx and after a full days work.  Left about 6/7 pm back about 12 hrs later.

I used to drive for a living covering 4500 to 6000 miles a month, starting quite often a 4/5 in the morning and still be on the road a 7/8 at night.  Probably part of the reason while I am quite happy not to be doing it any more.  

Longest on a bike - 400 miles :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

calais

to Assen, not sure of the distance but myrear sure felt like itwas 1000 miles:shock:

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

R100R

Yeah, problem is I went West last time, so never got the day I lost back, out via US, back via Asia. 

Left LA Saturday evening, flew for 12 hours and it was MONDAY morning. Some b'stard stole a day from my life.

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Can't get near to that

once did Glasgow to Ullapool in hailstone and lost the back end on a bend two -up with the luggage on as well.

It seemed a long fookin way when I got in to the freezin cold cabin in the Highlands pissed wet through!:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

my longest days

were the ones spent sweating my arse off in some stinking factory. I swear, I used to look up at the clock almost every 5 minutes and the hours seemed to drag by. Now I'm retired the days just swish by like they were on roller skates. Time means very little to me these days so one day is pretty much like the last.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices