Skip to content

General some help please?? Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > some help please??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

some help please??

hi ive had my provisional licence since december last year or january this year...cant remember

i passed my CBT in April, some time after that i sent my licence away to have the address changed as i moved into my new flat in March this year.

I got my new photocard and paper licence.... the card has provisional entitlement for cars and bikes, but the paper licence is blank. I also forgot to let the DVLA know that i had passed my CBT, which is on a seperate certificate.. Is it supposed to be blank..

I just want to be legal so im not in any trouble and if the worst comes to the worst i am in the clear

Is the paper supposed to be blank? If insurers ask me when i got my prov licence what do i say. The date on my photocard is the date i changed my address and not the date i first got my licence

i must be the least organised person ...

thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 August 2011 18:50)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Don't worry Jawa

Someone is sure to know about this and will be able to tell you if everything is O.K.

I'm not at home tonight, so I can't check my own paper licence to see what is (or isn't) on there,or I'd have a look right away for you.

Hopefully someone will put your mind at rest quickly :smile

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Hmmm

unlucky...think you'll prob have to take it again & unfortunately it's a wee bit trickier this year...one hand on the bike at all times :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

It's supposed to be blank

Here mate i think this explains it

As your entire licence is provisional for all categories, these categories (your provisional entitlement) are displayed on your photocard as a series of letters at the bottom, e.g. A,B,B1,f,k,l,n,p. There is no need for this to be duplicated on your counterpart for now.

When you pass a test in one category, like a car (B), your full licence will arrive which has your full entitlements on your photocard (B,f,k,l,n,p) but your provisional entitlement for the categories you haven't yet passed a test for, like motorcycles (A), will appear under the "Provisional entitlement" section of your new counterpart as your full car licence will also act as a provisional licence for motorcycles etc.

Similarly, if you pass a motorcycle test, but not a car test, you will get a full pink photocard licence with A etc on it and the B will appear as provisional on the counterpart as you'll need to comply with provisional conditions (L plates, supervision, etc) when driving on that licence for that category.:smile

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Also

your cbt is just a certificate to prove you've completed your basic training and has nothing to do with your licence, and lasts for 2 years.On the other hand your provisional licence is valid till your 70 iirc.

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

thanks chaps

ok

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN