Skip to content

Discuss This Cadwell Park BSB: Laverty takes red-flagged race one win British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Cadwell Park BSB: Laverty takes red-flagged race one win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Cadwell Park BSB: Laverty takes red-flagged race one win

Swan Yamaha's Michael Laverty improved his chances of securing a spot in the six rider showdown by taking victory in the first of three races at Cadwell Parl today after the race was red-flagged due to rain at the end of lap 11. Laverty and team-mate Tommy Hill continued their dominance of the weekend with blistering starts off the line, opening...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 August 2011 15:22)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

killahrat

Rutter has been there or thereabouts all season .where as this moron has been as erratic as ever,he has been the cause of this kind of thing too many times and to say Rutter is to ols or slow is as stupid an argument as the move itself.Brookes should have used a safer place simple as that and if Rutter was so slow that would of been easy you dope

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

I've said this a while back when brookes took out guintoli on the Suzuki that he,s a danger, this is the 2nd incident involving him, so mr Higgs need to look closer at brookes..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

The only person that needs their eyes checking

is you killahrat. Rutter was clearly infront, which is also the decision of the investigation. A move like that was only ever gonna end one way. Consider also that had Brookes been able to get his wheel infront and they had both made it through the right hander, what then? its immediately followed by a left, a right, another left and then the hairpin. Someone had to yield, and as Rutter was infront and obviously didn't see Brookes until it was far too late, then it was really down to Brookes. Bad move in a bad place.

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

I though it was a clean (hard) overtake, on a circuit with very few overtaking opportunities. You can't compare this to Brookes' 2 crashes, disguised as overtakes two seasons ago.

Are you the same guys that slag Lorenzo/Stoner complaining about "hard" overtakes. Admittedly Rutter took to the grass, but Brookes was in front before the Apex, had the inside line, and made it round the corner. Is this not racing?

Race direction did have a look at it (as they do with any "incident") but deemed it a legal overtake, and the results stood, as it should.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Looked like a dangerous move to me. U can't get away with smashing people off the track in bike racing. Good to see the comentators whitham and co venting their disgust re the move on tv after the race. They were racers themselves, so should be able to make a hood judgement.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Alisdairm

Race direction didn't sanction the pass. Race direction said that Rutter was infront entering the bend and stripped Brookes of all his points in that  race

Reply to this Topic
bluebottle2

Nov 07

bluebottle2 says:

alisdairn,killahrat, feck off u ignorant tossers,  rutter could so easily ended up as poor ben gautry,RIP regards to his family and friends.sad day.

Reply to this Topic
daveadams1955

Aug 05

I have lost any respect I might have had for Brookes.... clearly a telented rider but this was a dangerous move that could have been very nasty for Michael Rutter and the ensuing pack..... this was a crucial meeting for a number of riders and all were out to get that important place in the top 6. Brookes' reckless action took MR out of the game

I have never raced  but there is a point where a rider has to accept that if a move isnt possible and is dangerous then you cant do it....and I've heard numerous experienced riders say that..... anyone can make a mistake and many have  but what riles me most is Brookes' attitude to it all and the arrogance of the guy after the event.... he clearly knows he was in the wrong but wouldnt admit it..... I've only seen the tv footage and dont know if he's apologised since but if he hasn't it's too late anyway.....Michael Rutter is not just an experienced rider he's a gentleman and a true sportsman and certainly wouldnt have reacted in the same way that Brookes has.....JB you are a twat ! and have let your team and the sport down in my view

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

killatwat

How can you defend such riding after a weekend such as this ? A  young man lost his life for far less a mistake,which should bring home to you and us all how important it is that any such blatant tactics like that must not be condoned ,Rutter was lucky to have lost his place in the shoot out and just be injured ,that poor lad was not so fortunate on monday for no such act,however Brookes stood on the podium as bold as brass ,is that justice ? think about the message that sends out ,lives really are at risk its not a game for fools like Brookes

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices