Skip to content

Discuss This Indy MotoGP: Stoner cruises to 30th MotoGP win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Indy MotoGP: Stoner cruises to 30th MotoGP win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Indy MotoGP: Stoner cruises to 30th MotoGP win

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner cruised to his 30th victory in the MotoGP class at Indianapolis, setting a new lap record on the way. Team-mate Dani Pedrosa got the best start and led for a handful of laps before Stoner overtook him on the start/finish straight. Both Pedrosa and Stoner opened up a comfortable lead from the following riders, with Pedrosa making it two...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 August 2011 20:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Team orders? No. Best bike winning? Yes...

I hate it when I'm right but I predicted a very boring runaway victory and it happened. The proof of the Honda being a massive leap in front of the other bikes was again visible. No overtaking, no drama, no racing in fact!! Moaner is Champion now surely? He has had the most luck and least worries this season and makes the sport as dull as it could ever get. Awesome eh? Honda will lift the crown in the most uninspiring fashion since Ducati in 2007 when they also had the best bike over the field.

Has Lorenzo given up? I didn't see a fight in him yet Spies proved through pure grit and skill it was possible to at least keep the gap below 6 hours to the Honda's. And as for Ducati? Did they accidentally leave the front suspension off completely? Or just bolt the forks straight to the wheel? Whatever they did it was evident in ALL of their bikes this weekend. Rossi must be wondering what the hell they do back in Bologna!!! This is the team that got it sooooo right in 2007.

Speaking of Bologna, I'll get to see the factory on Wednesday. Might try and boost morale by dressing up as Preziosi and telling them to sell all the carbon fibire on ebay we're going back to a trllis frame!!!!

Luckily F1 was great and BSB too or I might feel robbed of actual competitive motorsport.

Reply to this Topic
blzebub

Aug 09

blzebub says:

Casey

He's been on another planet all weekend.  True class in it's purest form.

Reply to this Topic
caniborrowcaseyswife

Mar 11

oh dear

tut tut tut...mr rossi what are you doing ?? youre fans still think youre the best, you are letting them down big time....oh well enough about them thought stoner was awesome again, good ride by danni and well done to ben for coming thru....ducati must be kicking themselves for letting the no1 rider go...how sad.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Cam someone tell me

how much Rossi is being paid?

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Stoner

No matter what your opinion of the man is, that was awsome,race and qualifying, he isn't just riding that thing he is wringing it's neck,He looked as though he was riding it like he rode the Ducati just attacking every bit of the circuit,I'm sorry Rossi, but even on the same piece of kit i.e the honda he wouldn't be matching that, a new era i'm afraid, and no matter what we think, the current performance on the duke today ,was simply shocking ,good ride from Spies and Jorge although Jorge must of been gutted when Ben passed him 

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Yes, I can tell you

They pay Rossi so much that motorcycle engineering becomes an incidental expense.  Seriously, whatever is going on at Ducati?  Regardless, for those who think that Stoner is just cruising along I would point out that he did set a lap record during the race.  He's earned his success. 

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

have fun in misano RDB46

They'll probably appreciate your delusional take on the season in that part of the world. And make sure you've had your shots if you are planning to go swimming at the Rimini beaches.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

RDB

I'm struggling to work out who is the biggest embarrassment. You or your God, Vale. But i think your God edges it.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

''Regardless, for those who think that Stoner is just cruising along I would point out that he did set a lap record during the race. He's earned his success. ''

Unforetunately 'Biker', that stat will fall on many deaf ears, blinkered eyes and a whole ton of dumb fucks.

But worth pointing out all the same.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

on other matters

Can anyone tell me how the heck Stoner was managing to pick the bike up so quickly out of the last corner? Looked like he was sliding the rear around to the point where it turned into a controlled highside that suddenly stopped when the bike got near upright. Doesn't seem to respect the laws of physics. Enjoyed watching all the shots of his throttle hand too.

And for the record the most boring, predictable, and uninspiring races were those of 2001-2003 when the best rider on easily the best bike annihilated second-rate opposition.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices