Skip to content

Discuss This Indy MotoGP: Stoner cruises to 30th MotoGP win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Indy MotoGP: Stoner cruises to 30th MotoGP win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Indy MotoGP: Stoner cruises to 30th MotoGP win

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner cruised to his 30th victory in the MotoGP class at Indianapolis, setting a new lap record on the way. Team-mate Dani Pedrosa got the best start and led for a handful of laps before Stoner overtook him on the start/finish straight. Both Pedrosa and Stoner opened up a comfortable lead from the following riders, with Pedrosa making it two...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 August 2011 20:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

The day Rossi retires and the dillusional Rossi lovers leave will be a glorious day. To believe that it's always the bike not the rider goes against there gods belief,  the reason that he left honda. This year is Stoners year he has no setup points for that Honda and on his debut year on the Honda is getting the best out of the Honda riders. Lorenzo is making mistakes and losing is grasp on backing up his championship. Another good ride from Spies.  

The usual from the Rossi camp when does it become moaning complaining ? To be beaten by riders on inferior Ducati's is not a step forward and is almost time for a all new GP11.222222 ? It was talked up by Rossi ,Ducati , JB and co that they would fix the bike for all. So RDB where is your god now hahaha.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

cameronleeds ...

You asked how much Valentino Rossi is being paid by Ducati. The answer is 20 Million Euros. For your benefit and that of others to help you get your heads around that - here is the amount in various currencies, worked on today's prevailing exchange rates:
US$28 Million,998,000 - A$27 Million,416,000 - British Pounds Sterling 17 Million,738,000 - go figure ...

I always respected Rossi as a rider and his record - however, he should have kept his big, smart, headline-hunting, Machiavellian mouth shut and thought of the consequences before he launched such insulting barbs as, " Casey Stoner isn't riding the Ducati hard enough." This set himself up for a fall from 15,000m+ back to Earth as an also-ran! Similarly, I always thought Jeremy Burgess a fine bloke and very probably the sport's greatest Team Manager since Erv Kanemoto. Burgess' comments that the wayward & treacherous Desmo only required, "A 45 second set-up fix." also doomed him to looking very, very stupid. Now their humiliation is complete. Casting nasty, destructive and insulting aspersions on Stoner ( he can't ride it ) and the Ducati crew ( they are idiots that don't know what they are doing ) has well & truly come back - not just to haunt - but absolutely humiliate these two giants of GP racing. With a bit of humility, forethought, sense and old-fashioned sportsmanship - their embarrassment could very easily have been avoided and all would have appreciated the struggle they are having. Not now though. The Germans have a wonderful word for it: SCHADENFREUDE. I can't think of another word or expression that so deliciously means and sums-up - "taking capricious and luxuriously satisfying pleasure in the misfortune (s) of others " ... Something Vale & Jerry were both begging for and got – in spades!

The sport needs the Ducati back in the top echelon and, hopefully, they will sort it and maybe come back all the stronger next season. But even those raving, drooling, Cyclopean dolts that worship Rossi to the exclusion of all others, have to admit now that their idol is not the perfect human (there aren’t any) and came into this World with the usual standard fitment, feet of clay.

Last point: Please, Oh please - don't give us the usual "fastest bike" crap as an "excuse/alibi" for Stoner's incredible ability. That he passed both Lorenzo and Pedrosa down the straight is the nett-result of fearsome corner-entry speed and carrying that speed through and out of the corner to get a better, faster drive down the next straight. We shouldn't have to cover "Road Racing 101” over and over again - but, sadly, some of us just don't get it - even now! Cheers

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Masterclass

Once again.. 3 wins on the bounce and who's to bet against him making it 4 ?

I really thought he was going to lose the front end 2 or 3 times that race, it was clearly visible the front tyre was sliding especially into the first left hander. Good performance by Pedrosa, it's just what he needs to wrap up 3rd/4th in the championship. Great performance by Spies also.. what if he had got a better start ? 2nd, i beleive.. yeah maybe he would have pressured Stoner to go that little bit faster but to be honest, i don't think Stoner pushed past 90% of his ability that race, he could have upped the pace, were it needed.

What's going on with Lorenzo ? possibly a lack of confidence, or just couldn't find a setup.. im sure he won't be happy to be beat by his team mate though. Front tyre did seem to be the main issue, but it's surprising they couldn't solve it.

Bautista is impressive, yes he was 30 seconds back, but on the worst bike on the grid that's one decent result(if you disagree Rossi fans, then you are saying Rossi has decided to stick with a shit bike on his own accord).

Rossi... hmm. Apparently there was a problem with the gearbox(which i believe is supposed to be an excuse anyway, right 46ers?) but here's what that could translate to as Rossi's race thoughts.. 'Oh shit, im back here in 11th and Hayden is currently in 4th, what am i going to say after the race ??!!' He then decides he has a 'problem' so he has an explanation for being behind Nicky haha. Unfortunate for Hayden, did show a pace faster than Rossi but that front tyre, what a bitch. Anyway, he's showed he was faster on equal machinery without the trick upgrades only Rossi currently has, good on ya Nicky.

Rossi is now 6th in the championship, and it sounds so 'right'. Can anyone honestly tell me he deserved to be 4th for this long ? Yes, count this as a dig but it's time someone came out with it.. wasn't Rossi suppose to be winning by the half way stage ? anyone remember post Qatar ?? ''his shoulder is fucked, just wait until the half way point when he's made himself a better bike''. Along with Jerry underestimating what a tricky bike it is and Rossi criticising Stoner's riding last year.. oh the sweet, sweet irony.

The funny thing is, im sure this 10th place(worst result of the season) will be turned into a 'heroic display, coming back from 17th'.. who cares ? it's 10th! and im pretty sure Barbera crashed, Capirossi and Abraham pulled in, Hayden's, crutchlows and Simoncelli's tyre wore down to the rim.., what a hero indeed. The day's of saturday night tyres and the best bike with a weak team-mate and ageing opposition, are over.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

We all know your going to Misano, RDB

You've probably mentioned it more times than Rossi has moaned about the bike, and that's a lot. Oh, tell Buell i said hi.

Have a great time, and i sincerely hope your plane doesn't go down. Be safe.

Reply to this Topic
BishopR6

Jun 10

BishopR6 says:

As expected

Stoner showing what a master class rider he is.. Spies also showing true skill with his riding today (he just needs to spend the rest of this week just practicing his starts; how many races this year has he been shoveled back 5-6 places by the first turn..?) Indy was my first ever motogp visit, and I was treated to complete dominance by the race winners in all three classes. Good stuff.. Runaway victories aren't as bad when viewed live as compared to watching it on tv.. And the sound of these bikes(motogp) is amazing to hear.. motorcycling music at it's best.. Correction to the article, rossi didn't go into the pits, but he did run off track..twice, going into turn one. Still very sad to see him struggle like that however, the sport needs rossi at the front. Rossi by far had the most fans at the track and still got some of the loudest cheers after the race.. Not surprising though, stoner got loud cheers also all weekend. Good to know that the fans here at indy appreciates and respects a great rider when they see one.. Bring on the next race..

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Arnold22

Brno was an outlier for Rossi, I 100% guaranteed this here two weeks ago.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Stoner vs Pedrosa

Excellent win for Stoner. Thats 7 wins now. He is half way there at beating Pedrosa 14 MotoGP wins. Crikey....

Reply to this Topic
Technique

Jul 11

Technique says:

Indy 2011

Princeofreosol what are you trying to prove, grow some nuts and lets talk racing instead of poiting fingers and bashing like a aggrevated kid. *facepalm* Great win by Casey, its not looking good for Lorenzo yet anything can still happen. Spies? If it wasn't for the first few corners, without a doubt he would have fought for the Victory. Frustrating race for Vale and Nicky. Good that they are creating a game plan for 2012 cuz this season is a nightmare. Rossi will eventually figure it out. History proves it.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Technique

If you can't deal with the fact that I accurately predicted that Brno was a false dawn for Ducati/Rossi I don't know what to say to you, I 100% guaranteed it here 2 weeks ago. Keep chugging that Yellow Kool Aid buddy.

Reply to this Topic
Technique

Jul 11

Technique says:

Prince

Woa! There's a suprise O.o (trollface) These days everything is predictable in Motogp. Even though im not a fan of Casey I did accurately predicted he was going to win this race. You think you are different? Get your self up outta here then.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices