Skip to content

Discuss This Indy MotoGP: Stoner cruises to 30th MotoGP win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Indy MotoGP: Stoner cruises to 30th MotoGP win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Indy MotoGP: Stoner cruises to 30th MotoGP win

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner cruised to his 30th victory in the MotoGP class at Indianapolis, setting a new lap record on the way. Team-mate Dani Pedrosa got the best start and led for a handful of laps before Stoner overtook him on the start/finish straight. Both Pedrosa and Stoner opened up a comfortable lead from the following riders, with Pedrosa making it two...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 August 2011 20:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That hurt Technique

Calling me sad. Truth be told I'm actually rapturously happy that Rossi's true colours are now being exposed. Racings biggest fraud.

Reply to this Topic
Technique

Jul 11

Technique says:

Nostro

Yet you have failed by showing your arrogance and your ignorance. This finally explains your hatred and jealousy for the king of kings. Arrogance indeed blinds you, Rossi has a difficult season, having difficulties is not showing your race colors, these mathematics only excist in your fabricated world and why? Because jealousy and hatred blinds you. You talk very simple, as if you are a 9+ World Champion. Perhaps you should ride the Ducati and see if your brain will have the ability to even start the bike let alone getting it trough a corner. Rossi already showed his colors ever since he rode a bike, you just hating like a pisky fool. You just showed your true colors (as if we didn't noticed) Predictable fool.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Nostro...

"Truth be told I'm actually rapturously happy that Rossi's true colours are now being exposed. Racings biggest fraud."

Rossi's true colours are hardly exposed while riding a bike that only one person could ride. When Stoner was only picking up 4th places in the championship were those his true colours or are they what we're seeing now? Stoner's ability has now been recognised by all (including Rossi & Ducati) but it's the combination of bike & rider that count & Rossi got it right with Honda & Yamaha giving them both several championships.

Unfortunately some of his fans saw him as head & shoulders above the rest (&, to be fair, Rossi & JB thought they were way better than Stoner & his crew)... we now know that he's as human as the other champions out there & not only needs the right bike to win but can't actually be competitive on the wrong bike. For the sake of the sport I hope that Ducati can come up with something he & the others can ride.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Frustration

is what drives my comments my vacuous little grinner. Frustration that this over paid, over rated organ grinders monkey is not doing a fine and honourable marque like Ducati justice. Little deadheads like you just flail around frantically searching for a new excuse from Weskits 'Rossi Apologist Guidebook'.

All the whilst the gymp in a burger and fries clown suit declares another new dawn only to fall flat on his face over and over again....And they now call this a plan?!

I can see a CRT buying out Rossi's Ducati contact for oh I don't know....ten bucks? I'm sure Malboro and Ducati just want this nightmare to end.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Hola...oops I mean G'day mate.

Only read the previous 3 posts and I must say excellent post hedgehog (still don't need any help across the road I see). ***** Nostro: Long time no see, I will say welcome back even though it looks like the feathers are flying again. I must say I am a bit surprised at your last post? Understandably you are trying to get a dig in at La Technique but to call Rossi racings biggest fraud??? You and I both know that is not true even if you don't like his off track antics and persona Rossi is firmly placed in the top tier of a small group of racing legends. Suffice to say we probably have seen his best, the Rossi era pass, and his career (even if still at Yamaha) on the wain. Valentino is just the new Marco Melandri at Ducati. Melandri was/is an incredible talent and he went from headliner to no hoper in a blink of an eye when he moved to Ducati and Rossi is suffering the same fate. Over the winter I didn't expect to see Rossi in this much trouble but again I am not shocked as it was perfectly possible. ***** Casey has been the "Force De jure" of the 800 era with regard to speed and wins and will without doubt translate that speed to the next era. ***** I guess what I am saying is you don't have to waste energy trying to rub the yellow panty wearers noses in it as they are reeling in agony as it is. True fans of the sport know Rossi is a legendary talent and his personality like it or not has brought millions of fans and their money into our sport. That has ensured we (in Europe anyway) get to see every practice, qualifying, and race live on television instead of reading about it 4 days later in MCN or another rag like we did back when I first became addicted to the sport. Congrats to Casey on a great ride on a horrible circuit........... ciao

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

A Great Race

What a great race, yes we would love to have 18 bikes axle to axle for the whole race but that has never happened and will never happen. If you are one of the more mature visitors here who appreciate subtle and don't need screaming explosions for your race fix then, you would have seen a lot of the nuances going on rather than just the colour and movement.

I thought the shittest ride came from Dovi, for god sake man just friggin ride fast all the race and you may actually do something out there, trying to get Lorenzo on the last lap then shaking your head about it?! Piss off ya silly twat.

Race of the day was Stoner, put it together all weekend, Ride of the day was Ben Spies, awesome stuff as they say.

Everyone else will have to sit and wonder what might have been until next weekend, especially them Ducati guys, imagine being their entertainment and morale co-ordinator at the moment, shit you would just quit.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

looking fwd to next year already...

Stoner has never won on a 1000cc Bike and likely will not be as dominate.,,plus he's a hothead and looks like a Kangaroo.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

paceycasey

you got me wrong. i said i praise your post. yes, i wrote it in the same line, i guess, that made you think i insult you. sorry mate.

nostro : "Truth be told I'm actually rapturously happy that Rossi's true colours are now being exposed. Racings biggest fraud" I AGREE WITH YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!! HIS COLOUR ARE YELLOW CAUSE HE LIKES "BANANA" LOL. well, banana identic with that "stick".

nostro : "Unfortunately some of his fans saw him as head & shoulders above the rest.....we now know that he's as human as the other champions out there & not only needs the right bike to win but can't actually be competitive on the wrong bike" THIS IS WHAT I CALL BRAINFULL COMMENT. ROSSI NOT MORE THAN GOAT (god of ass talk) NOW!!!!

willie : "...True fans of the sport know Rossi is a legendary talent and his personality like it or not has brought millions of fans and their money into our sport." THIS GUY IS RIGHT. THIS SO CALLES GOAT REALLY HAS GRIP ON MEDIA.

but don't you all forget with 1000cc test. stoner romps to incredible speed out there. and only lorenzo could match him. rossi??? i don't know. let me take my telescope a minute. hmmm....well, he's there. don't worry guys!!! LOL. next year would be stoner and lorenzo era.

and i become more hate of hayden cause he do team order thing. he was my idol but now who cares!!! he better watch his ass before he realize from small hole to big and long hole he has. he is finish with his team order and with the dusk of rossi's era. FINISH!!! you'll see in 1000cc. he'll never pass rossi. especially in championship standing!! i've said it in the beginning of this seasons and i'm right. all rossi's teammate done it. BUT only collin edwards spit it on media indirectly.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Skippy the Bush Kangaroo

Has proven he's leaps and bounds ahead of the former Nr.2 rider of Fiat Yamaha now Nr.2 at Ducati. This will not change 2012. Over and above which I'm sure he has a very nice pouch to retire to each night!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

motoking

In that case then ditto bud.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle