Skip to content

General OUT TODAY - Oban, it didn't go without incident General

You are in... Forums > General > General > OUT TODAY - Oban, it didn't go without incident

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

OUT TODAY - Oban, it didn't go without incident

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6067/6090391628_7a13b9643a_b.jpg

A cold, cloudy ....but dry day.... four of us set off from Spoons, by the end of the day we were eight.  

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 August 2011 21:24)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Kam

If you are lucky and there is anyone close to you that can do a pressure test, and a bit of brazing, the repair is pretty cheap. It cost me a tenner.

Whilst the rad is off, get yourself to B&Q get some chicken mesh, and lock wire it to the rad........ :wink:

There are some pictures in my profile on my 750.  Does the job for a tenner!

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Kam...

3 Akropovich front mudguards,..but there are cheaper British ones out there....or a fender extender?...very lucky on the diesel,that could have been a costly fix too.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

Kam

I learnt that petrol tastes worse than diesel :tongue:........ but not as bad as antifreeze

That's interesting... So if for some bizarre reason I'm ever forced to drink one or the other, I'll choose diesel :lol:

I thought antifreeze was supposed to be sweet.....

Reply to this Topic
halftank

Feb 10

halftank says:

Kam ...

Do any of the group carry the most essential piece of kit ... ie; a kettle, because as sure as eggs are eggs, i bet Dave C has got the odd cake stashed somewhere, :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
R1bluenose

Feb 09

R1bluenose says:

Kam

Glad to see that you got home Ok and to meet some of the crew again,Hope the repair bill is not too sore on the pocket, :shock:Roger said it was a really good day out and at a cracking pace again so roll on the weekend and that the weather is good and hope to see you all again soon:smile

Reply to this Topic
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

lol

I learnt that petrol tastes worse than diesel :tongue:........ but not as bad as antifreeze

That's interesting... So if for some bizarre reason I'm ever forced to drink one or the other, I'll choose diesel :lol:

Should no been out today drinking cocktails 

:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

halftank

i bet Dave C has got the odd cake stashed somewhere,

Aye, usually in my belly! :winkie: And judging by some of the photos of me on here, the cake eating will need to be curtailed...

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

downshift

Good group!

One person carries some hose, just in case, someone else has some metal putty, no doubt there were some puncture repair kits as well, but not needed this time!

Sounds like a quality group of bikers!

Thanks for that .  .:smile.. yes, it is a quality group of bikers .... and yep, there is a puncture repair kit in my rucksack too. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

fuzzrr

Thanks for the info mate ..... as mentioned - I think the putty has probably done a fairly permanent fix .... but yes, I will be sorting out a guard for the radiator.:winkie: ..... I don't know why manufacturers don't have them fitted as standard in the first place :mad:.....( I know loads of folk who have had holed radiators).  

They are always looking at ways to improve 'next year's new model - well, there is an obvious one! - Fit a bloody guard on the radiator!   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

oldish

Cheers ...... yes, both Jimmy and I had bad luck ...but got off with it relatively lightly and lucky that we had a hose and putty with us....otherwise there would have been much more hassle and delay sorting it. :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices