Skip to content

Discuss This Indy MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles again MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Indy MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Indy MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles again

Valentino Rossi’s tough debut campaign with Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad continued at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway yesterday. With only one podium finish in the opening 11 races, hopes Rossi could build on an encouraging sixth place in Brno earlier this month quickly evaporated in a frustrating 28-lap race. Beset by more front-end grip issues with his GP11.1 Desmosedici bike, Rossi was struggling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 August 2011 14:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You forgot to factor in the fag money

that the closet chuffer pulls from Malboro my great big cheese puff ball.

I always laugh my tits off when I see the likes of you wheeze past me walking around a track. That yellow tee-shirt straining every fibre to contain your G.P physique - which it unfortunately doesn't quite manage to do, sweat dripping from beneath your stained Rossi hat with the 46 flag dragging forlornly on the ground behind as you trudge away from yet another ignominious Rossi defeat by half the field or more.

Ducati were flogging plenty of itsy bitsy female tops courteous of Mrs Stoner. This I much prefer to see at G.P's.

Yes I know such a scenario is unlikely but I admire Spies' adaptability Elbows.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

pmsl

you have all missed the fact that casey stoner rode the ass of the same bike valentino has just ripped to pieces and cant put it back together, or so it seems,the results speak for themselves dont they, it not over till its over, but i hardly think any rider on this grid is having an easy time right now,pressure from sponsers and other riders moving in ect. better racing in the moto 2 from my view,so up the grids and more brits then hopefully we can get back to the sheene days.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Wow..... I hope Rossi and Ducati improve soon because you guys are gonna end up killing each other. It's only bike racing

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Ben didn't struggle after he rectified a bad first few turns. Headline: ' Rossi struggles again'.  Moaning diplomatically about the bike as per usual. Gone are the days when Rossi could charge through from 14th on the grid to win a GP. He wanted Bridgestone,he got them.Now he is head honcho developer for them. Like the bike,the tyres have gone backwards since his arrival. Crikey,they even developed a gearbox for him he can't shift .. upshift nor downshift. Generally, downshift for him and Ducati. Well,why should he give a damn,given 15 to 20 million Euro paycheck per annum as he slips into the Twighlight Zone. No harm in keeping a buffer based on gold bullion while the fans and young aspirational tallent deal with austerity...Eh ? On that sentiment,rags to semi' riches, Casey Stoner,sure as hell blew Rossi's Julius Caesar world apart, thus far,this season. Sure, a massive push from Lorenzo last season was most welcome. 

Reply to this Topic
nathanwells2007

Jun 11

rossi

their is 1 thing i cant understand with ducati . when stoner was on the ducati with the trellis frame why when rossi gets on the bike they put carbon frame on it. so what im sayin is im not sure wheather they have tested from day 1 the carbon chassis so iether give rossi a aly frame or give him the trellis as alot of people on here always slaggin him of but every 1 can see he is struggling so plaese ducati give him the better frame as stoner didnt win a championship with the frame that rossi has . but as usual ducati have to be different . bin the carbon and get a better frame

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Nathan

Are you being serious?

Stoner rode the CF frame for 2 years.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

... and...

... Stoner won 7 races, had a further 10 podiums & set 7 poles during those 2 years using the CF frame. That means that in more than every 2nd race on the CF framed bikes he achieved a podium & he actually won 1 in 5 races... pretty impressive now we know what a pig it is/was to ride eh? The unfortunate statistic is that he also crashed 9 times... but nobody apart from the riders were calling for a new frame then... & most fans just called them moaners.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Bin Rossi

would be a better bet!! As has been commented, he seems incapable of riding the Desmo. Stoner could and Rossi can't, that seems to be the end result of the carbon fibre frame. What surprises me also is that Burgess doesn't seem to have had any constructive input in anything or is it the case that, "too many cooks spoil the broth"? All this talk about an alloy frame just because Rossi can't ride the bike. They (Ducati) should continue with the CF, in my opinion, call it a day with Rossi, and give someone else an opportunity! Maybe Lorenzo would relish the challenge pf succeeding where Rossi has failed? Though I'm not a fan of his. Better still, get Marc Marquez or Maverick Viñales on it!! or even Spies for that matter!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

nostrodamus  and bootlegger always slagging off rossi ...when the ducati is sorted and winning races next year i wonder if they will change there tune but i think not...true stoner won the title in 2007 on a ducati that was way ahead of its rivals....all the stoner lovers saying he was the next mick doohan...20008-2010 less and less wins then he jumps ship to honda who are throwing millions into developement to win the final 800 title..then he blames ducati saying they didnt believe in him...every race  he wins he has an excuse ready about race pace....a real champion jumping off a failing bike to the best bike....

Reply to this Topic
caniborrowcaseyswife

Mar 11

moan

rossi moans, his fans moan, get over it !!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices