Skip to content

Discuss This Indy MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles again MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Indy MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Indy MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles again

Valentino Rossi’s tough debut campaign with Ducati’s factory MotoGP squad continued at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway yesterday. With only one podium finish in the opening 11 races, hopes Rossi could build on an encouraging sixth place in Brno earlier this month quickly evaporated in a frustrating 28-lap race. Beset by more front-end grip issues with his GP11.1 Desmosedici bike, Rossi was struggling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 August 2011 14:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Nostrodamus

You mentioned you had a four year old daughter in another of your boring and smug post's.. I was infact wondering if your Daughter had snuck onto your computer whilst you were in your room cracking one off over the Stoner picture next to your bed and posted all the childish "my Dad is bigger than your Dad" crap that you persist in posting up on this sight as i just can't see that a mature adult would spend so much time acting like such a child!!

I have refrained from reacting to your antagonistic and juvenile posts as you are just trying to get a rise out of people but i couldn't resist this time.... Fuck me, you are relentless in your strange and disturbed Rossi bashing... Do you have nothing better to do than hate on somebody you don't even know?

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

more selective statistics

I think you'll find that the previous thread about Stoner's Indianapolis win attracted 105 comments at last count. Added to the 14 comments on the other thread that makes 119 vs 89, which means precisely nothing other than that supermario is wrong. Plus Nostrodamus and Aquarius are kiwis so he's wrong about the deportation bit too. On the Dorna discussions, blatantly obvious that he would have been talking about Motegi.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

INTERESTING...

Stoner 2010                      rossi 2011

RD1 DNF                             RD1 7TH

RD2 4TH                               RD2 5TH

RD3 DNF                              RD3 5TH

RD4 4TH                               RD4 3RD

RD5 5TH                              RD5 5TH

Up until this point rossi WAS actually more successful than stoner in the previous year.

RD6 3RD                              RD6 6TH

RD7 3RD                              RD7 4TH

RD8 3RD                              RD8 6TH

And at this point with Ducati having NO DNF'S but trying to solve the front end issue which were still present from the previous season the results drop off.

RD9 2ND                              RD9 9TH

RD10 3RD                           RD10 6TH

RD11 DNF                            RD11 6TH

RD12 5TH                              RD12 10TH

4th in standings at this point     6th in standings at this point.

You see it written down and it's not all doom n gloom....so stop making mountains out of molehills all you stacey's please....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Sorry Leemuz

I am too a Rossi fan but these stats mean nothing at all mate! They are not on the same Ducati for starters... Also Stoner had two years on the CF Duke compared to Rossi's half a season on it so far so Stoner would and should have been better on the bike last year than Rossi has been this year...

There is no way of getting around the fact (however hard for some) that Rossi is struggling and having a bad season! worse than we and them were expecting! The thing is, i am a realist so while i know he is struggling and can accept that, i also beleive he will turn this around and be a title contender on the Duke at some stage.... I mean, you have to be a brain dead moron to think he lost his ability over night and that he was gifted so many wins on such a vast spread of different machinery... The people that really think that are kidding themselves but let em have their moment.... It won't last long :)

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Leemuz : Sooo...

... all he needs is 3 wins & a 2nd in the remaining 7 races & he'll have had only a slightly worse year than Stoner's worst on the Duc... woohoo!... well you did want to compare... ?

/Edit

Moaner - "Also Stoner had two years on the CF Duke compared to Rossi's half a season on it "

Don't even bother comparing Stoner's 1st season on the CF with Rossi's... it's even more extreme & still has 2 wins & a 2nd to come. Rossi's set to accrue less points this year in 18 races than Stoner did in 2009 in 13 race starts. People really should stop all comparisons... it's embarrassing.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Geepier

Jul 07

Geepier says:

How good is Casey, how bad is the Duke

Fact Casey could ride the wheels off the Duke and is doing so on the Honda and will be remembered as the best rider in the 800cc era.

But before all the Rossi fans boo and his and the Aussies chuckle over a fosters....is it really all Casey?

Form says no. no previous titles in 125 250 or wins in 2006 aboard the championship winning bike with some facory support.

Compare him to Doohan, his idol and you see plenty of simalarities. Turns up fastest in every session, says he could have gone quicker wins by a mile and fooks off. Just like Mick did. So he is the next Mick Doohan, hurrah eh?

Er no...Casey has found his niche he can ride an 800cc bike with all the electronic Gismo's better than anyone and before there is a hullabaloo from the Casey camp about he uses less than anyone, he still uses them and to great effect. The Honda this year is the most technically advanced bike out there with all the usual bits TC/LC etc and a patented electronic braking alowwing infinite adjustment of engine braking which also conserves fuel. when he asked to turn it down he was told by Honda 'we know best'.

The Duke is a dog and Casey would be struggling on it this year up against the Hondas. He saw the future and it wasn't red.

Instead he is a Honda man like Mick, but mick just had a mechanical masterpiece and not a playstation. My son is the greatest guitarist in the world.....on Guitar hero...give him a guitar and he nows 3 chords

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Geepeir

So where does this leave Rossi?

"Casey has found his niche he can ride an 800cc bike with all the electronic Gismo's better than anyone... The Honda this year is the most technically advanced bike out there with all the usual bits TC/LC etc "

So are you saying he can only win on the Honda?... hang on, he won 7 times on the CF Ducati... without all Honda's gizmo's... the bike Rossi can't ride... is it Rossi that needs all the gizmo's to win?

... like I say, quit the comparisons... it's embarrassing.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Leemuz

Exactly what are you driving at ? Mike Hailwood was that and Giacomo Agostini is this.  Rossi's arrival at Ducati is a corporate embarassment. Mind you,Philip Morris wanted it and it's all gone up in smoke. The only point of interest for me is how long the sponsor's tolerate the Rossi no show,EH ?, Wosidead ? Stats and particularly results are all that count 2011. Right now,Stoner is doing what Rossi did , creaming all and sundry with a great package. 23 of his wins were with Ducati. Therein lies the rub and the rubber.23 to Stoner and zero to Rossi. Stats be damned. I'm enjoying the last season of 800 inception. Apologies Leemuz , many rank Mike higher than Giacommo for a simple reason. Mike never had the kit and funding availed to Ago at the time. Hailwood/Agostini smells like Stoner/Rossi. Ago must be loving this season. His stats look pretty safe.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Moaner

If you think I give a fat rats arse what a bunch of serial reality denying halfwits think then you're a more deluded fool than your avatar suggests.

The whole Rossi artifice has come crumbling down around his ears and all on the back of his own hubris. What is the old proverb about reaping what you sow...........

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Gee Pierre

What rock have you been hiding under all this time? There are thousands of words out there in the ether and in print dedicated to the fact Stoner uses the LEAST amount of traction control of any G.P rider. He's old school - hands, feet, arse and brain being his prime sensors and ECU.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices