Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Gautrey dies following Superstock accident British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Ben Gautrey dies following Superstock accident

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ben Gautrey dies following Superstock accident

MWR Kawasaki rider Ben Gautrey died following an accident on the first lap of the National Superstock 600 race at Cadwell Park. An official statement from race organisers MSVR said: "On the first lap of the National Superstock 600 race at Cadwell Park circuit, Benjamin Gautrey fell on the right hand corner at the bottom of the Mountain section. He was unavoidably...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 August 2011 20:35)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
andyshots

May 09

andyshots says:

Tragic

A very sad loss... a very talented young man.Thoughts are with his family.

Reply to this Topic
Bramley Bim

Dec 07

Bramley Bim says:

Ride free Ben.

This was horrible to watch and our thoughts have been with his family, friends, the rest of the riders, the marshalls, his team, and the medics who obviously did all they could.

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

Real Sad, so so gutted for all.... :( RIP mate,,,

Reply to this Topic
RochdaleCowboy

May 11

Sad news

It's never nice to hear this kind of news, but the young age of Ben just adds to the saddness. My wishes go to Ben's family

Reply to this Topic
olebrummie

Aug 11

olebrummie says:

My Heart goes out to all of Bens family

Reply to this Topic
barneychubble

Aug 11

I WAS THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED, SO SAD, HE DIED DOING WHAT HE LOVED, R.I.P BEN, NEVER FORGOTTEN

Reply to this Topic
FADM

Dec 10

FADM says:

Ben Gautrey

Very sad day and tragic to see it happen in front of us. Not a time to gripe, but why no official announcement from MSV during the afternoon?. For those of us sitting opposite the medical centre, the true extent of the accident was obvious and we all awaited some information. In the end, it took an inclusion and tribute by Tommy Hill, who was obviously upset by the events. Many people leaving the circuit at the end of the day were unaware and really upset that no official announcement made.

Reply to this Topic
goodygixxer

Jan 09

goodygixxer says:

Poor Lad

So young, what a terrible tragedy.......he died doing what he loved though.  It seems that however safe motorcycle racing is becoming, nothing can be done about being hit by another bike.  It seems to be happening a lot recently....Craig Jones in WSS, Shoya Tomizawa in Moto2!.....now Ben!   So sad

R.I.P Ben and condolences to your family

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices