You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Carole Nash mistakes

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

oilslick

Aug 11

oilslick says:

Carole Nash mistakes

On the 5th May I phoned up Carole Nash to insure my bike. I asked for it to start on the 12th. The policy came through dated the 5th, but they did manage to get my debit card details right! I phoned back; they said they would amend it. The policy came through dated the 17th. I phoned back; they said they would amend it. The policy came through dated the 12th. Then the next day I got another policy sent to me. The fools I thought! But unknown to me, the policy had the wrong registration on it, so the bike shop had phoned up to get it amended without telling me, so that they could tax the bike.  I had deleted the last email, which was the only one with the correct certificate – or so I thought. The next error comes to light later….

I advised Carole Nash of the incident. They referred me to their ambulance chasing CFA solicitors (New Law). The girl I was to be appointed to sounded about 16 years old and not exactly overflowing with brain cells. The forms I received were even more alarming than the last ones I had seen. I phoned up Carole Nash to point out that I had legal cover and didn’t want a CFA. “This is how it is done”. I was powerless to invoke the legal cover.  I will be taking this up with the insurance ombudsman

During the conversations with Carole Nash they informed me that I was only Third Party (fire and theft). I was shocked. Looking through the various policies not only did the start date change (as expected) but the cover also changed from Comprehensive to TPFT!

Then suddenly a week later Carole Nash phoned me up and advised I did have comprehensive cover afterall!

The case was dragging and I started to contact Aviva directly. This is another story and another post.

When I eventually got my replacement bike I phoned Carole Nash to change the registration on the policy. This cost £30 and when the policy arrived…. It had the wrong registration on it! Phoning them back the chap read out the correct registration on his note, proving this was (another!) internal error.

So all in all Carole Nash haven’t got a clue what they are doing, and charge for legal cover you cant use. I will fill you all in on whether I get my money back for this.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 August 2011 12:50)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Sometimes

if its clearly not your fault, its easier to contact the third party insurer and let them sort you out. It's in their interest to sort you out quickly as it will be saving them money.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Carole Nash

Maybe they are getting too big to offer (or care about) good customer service.  Never used them myself as their quotes always came up way too expensive for me.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices