You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > McAms

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

oilslick

Aug 11

oilslick says:

McAms

I recently had a bike accident and put the case with McAms.  I decided to have a hire bike as I was inconvenienced transport wise. McAms were very quick and efficient at phoning  when it comes to giving you the bike (well they all probably are). This is their main money spinner. My 600 hire bike was £139 a day plus delivery. However I could not use it for a week due to a lack of helmet. They said they would put a credit behind the counter at the bike shop, but despite phoning every day this took a week. I have never had one phone call or email returned by them.

After 2 weeks McAms announced that they could not handle the bike case as it was on HP. At this point I had to go back to my original insurers (who were also a joke!) So basically a total waste of time using McAms. I could have got any solicitor to do the injury case.

This they knew from the onset. I phoned up and told them they could have the hire bike back. It took 6 days to be collected. I asked the chap collecting the bike if he worked directly for them, saying that they seemed a bit slow at returning calls. He said “they are bloody useless”.

It is worth pointing out that although I arranged delivery of the rental bike for 12, it did not turn up until 2 and the delivery driver seemed to know nothing (or care) about any arranged time.

I started contacting the solicitor appointed my McAms directly. I did happen to mention that they seemed to be useless, and seemed to get a degree of “professional” agreement type grunt.

Now over a month later I have heard nothing from McAms.

The “one phone call we do it all” is a joke. They never return phone calls or emails. Despite being told you deal with one person, you can never get hold of them… so you deal with someone else every time.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 August 2011 12:52)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ACIC

Apr 06

ACIC says:

Motorcycle accident solicitors

Dear OilSlick

Sorry to hear about your experience of that company. You can always instruct the solicitor of your choice and best to get it right from the outset by using a firm like BikeLawyer!

Kind regards, Andrew Campbell, Solicitor & MCN Legal Expert and MCN Law Columnst. www.bikelawyer.co.uk andrew@bikelawyer.co.uk

Reply to this Topic
jarninjas

Feb 11

jarninjas says:

Mcams

I've just read this 2 year old post and have to say Mcams did me and still are doing, 9th April 2010 I had my bike written off and I've been to court and won my case against other driver, now Mcams seemed great at first but I didn't get the full value of my bike back and 2 1/2 years later I still haven't received a penny of compensation for my injurys. 

Mcams use a solicitor that don't write to you email back and no nothing about bikes, the only thing they do is drag the case out so they can earn a monthly review fee. I feel like a Mcams victim. 
Try letting them know your feeling through there Facebook page, I did and I tell you what there quick to delite comments they don't like,,, why not address them  after all you made money out of me and possibly still are doing

Reply to this Topic
vader137

Oct 13

vader137 says:

McAMS again

2013 and they just keep doing it. Wish I read the above earlier

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN