Skip to content

Discuss This Staff bikes - Honda Crossrunner: You never stop learning First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Staff bikes - Honda Crossrunner: You never stop learning

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Staff bikes - Honda Crossrunner: You never stop learning

Two thousand, three hundred and forty-seven miles can reveal a lot about a bike. Even about one you thought you already knew. Such has been my first couple of months with the Crossrunner. I picked it up in May having already sampled Honda's new VFR800-based crossover machine (their description, not mine) at the world press launch and at the time thought I...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (31 August 2011 16:09)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I love the brown pipes.

Reply to this Topic
rugbybiker

Apr 10

rugbybiker says:

Cheers

Looks like you were either struggling to make any useful comments or fell off the potty this morning and got in a tiz..

Its taken u how many miles to realise that the screen ain't tall enough for u - would have thought about three miles would have shown that fact and you would have sorted it by now. Need for taller screen for large bloke does not mean its a bad bike - just means its a tall bloke riding it. My 6'6 mate is same on his Multistrada.

The seat is slippy for rider and pillion - not an uncommon problem and easily sorted.

Comment about build quality and panels is interesting though cos her is a lot of plastic on thios bike - including round bars which does create its own issues.

Look forward to some more gems from you though - he says ongue in cheek - got my new Xrunner today and maybe not handling criticism too well maybe having parted with £9k+ (or did I fall off my potty as well!!)

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Pity they wrapped all that pointless plastic around it.

Would have been nice to see it unfaired.

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Yuk.

Well, I've seen one on the road, seen the photos in magasines etc and have come to the conclucion that this is a really ugly bike. Truly nasty fairing - it looks monstrously fat around the midrif. There appears to be a lack of power, a lack of creativity, lack of care. And £9k? Yuk.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Honda build Quality In General

This xrunner is a good looking bike maybe, middle of the road. But over priced by miles for what it actually is. Pillion seat was never gonna work imo regardless - why should you need to buy aftermarket material to make it work?!   Screen is useless and its not really a new bike.

I  bought a "traditional" style honda in recent times (last 18 months ) and its browned with rust / oxidation, p*ss poor build quality. I clean it regular but that didnt make any difference at all. After owining Honda's for yrs I reckon there quality issues began after the 2004 / 05 bikes. Bikes are pricey enough. I aint anti honda but stating truths..................Honda are you listening ? ( doubt it ).

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

awful thing

Who is going to buy this horrible looking thing? Ughh...

Reply to this Topic
rugbybiker

Apr 10

rugbybiker says:

Electronically Restricted top speed

Presumably you will find out about the Electronically Restricted Top Speed as well soon - try reading Bike mag - it will tell you all you need to know. Then maybe you will publish an apology for the wild overestimate of 145mph v actual of around 125mph.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices