Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 Triumph Daytona 675 gets minor makeover New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2012 Triumph Daytona 675 gets minor makeover

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

2012 Triumph Daytona 675 gets minor makeover

The new 2012 Triumph Daytona 675 has broken cover with just minor tweaks to take the bike through the final year before a complete overhaul in 2013. MCN has published a series of spy shots of a radically changed bike in recent weeks but we have made it consistently clear this is a 2013 model undergoing endurance testing on the road;...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 September 2011 11:46)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

A waste ?

With their new 675 for 2013 in testing why not just sell whatever stock they have now for 2012 with freebie accessories or similar to sell on stock? I suppose whatever is more cost effictive will be best. Maybe minor tweeks to current bike are enough.............

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

The Diablo red is a bit dull. The Speed Triple comes in Diablo red and it doesn't flatter the bike. To be honest the old Tornado red was better. The bellypan  design could be better too. Why not take the black part to the leading edge of the bellypan? This would give it a much sharper look.

Anyway, probably irrelevant as the new Daytona due next year looks really nice. I really like the low slung exhaust. Lessons learnt from Arrow perhaps.

Now for a 1050 Daytona eh? Anyone at Triumph listening? It doesn't have to be a GSXR beater just a bit more sporting than the 1050 Sprint ST with less weight and sharper handling. If not,  I'm going to write to Suzuki and plead with them to make an SV1200 with GSXR parts :) 

Reply to this Topic
Aircooledchris

Sep 06

kl595

Love your SV1200s suggestion!

Bring on more real world usable sports tourers!

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

sv1200

I would love that also, I just want real world fun bikes that have a bit of soul and can go round corners still

Reply to this Topic
WIDEGRIP

May 06

WIDEGRIP says:

SV1200

Suzuki made an SV1000 in GSXR colours a few years ago with a nice paint job and a few more horses to celebrate the 25th aniversary of the GSXR, there like rocking horse do do now !!!

I would also like to see the 650 bored out to 750 or 800 too !!! these twins are so much fun on the road without the big expense and quirkiness of the italian twins from the likes of Ducati and Apprilia !!

Would be great if Suzuki made the SV a bit more of a top end of the range bike like the GSXR it's a bit bland and heavy in standard form !! alloy frame, ohlins, trick paint, and a decent styling job, Dooh !!

Can feel the barage starting already, sorry to all those that like the bike as it is !!!

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

+ 1 please

Not quite sure how this article spawned an SV1000 fan club but count me in.

I bought a new SV1000 in 2003 for 5500 (those were the days) and thought it was a great bike so I  would jump at a new version if it turned up although I really really doubt it as while on paper it was a hit, in reality Suzuki got pretty badly stung and were practically giving unsold old stock away for 4995 new before discontinuing it.

Weird hey, sv650 was a legend but the 1000 was a turkey. I ended up trading my sv1000 for a GSXR750 K6 after 3 years as there was no updates or new model.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

lol. I'm not sure how we got onto SV1200'S either. I should probably apologise for starting it off. Interesting though, you flick the switch and the lights come on. The interest seems there. I wonder if Suzuki monitor MCN readers comments. I hope so because if they did produce an SV1200, I would be straight down the nearest Suzuki dealer.

Back to the Daytona!

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

SV 1200

When the "trick" GSXR painted model came out (it had titanium valves etc) I was seriously tempted.My 955i ST was about to be superseded by the 1050 current model and I was after a change. I bought a 1050 (now on a second one) mainly because of the stupid 17 litre tank on the SV. Why is it that manufacturers don't work out that sports/touring bikes need to have tank range? Check out Honda's new 1200 ST,17 litre tank compared with the Trumpet's 21...it's a no brainer. 

Reply to this Topic
Aircooledchris

Sep 06

SV1200s

For me, the SV1000s is a great looking, do everything bike, but an up to date one would be just fantastic.Modern brakes and suspension and a styling update, I'd be at the front of the queue to buy one, I'd keep my K3 model as a future classic though!

Can we start off a new direction for manufacturers here|? Dare I suggest an updated Firestorm? VTR1200 anyone?

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

BALONEY.......

What a load of codswallop!!! Triumph have seen fit to bring out a new VERSION WHEN THEY DEEM IT SO!!! Yeah,right,so this means SQUEEZING every last ounce of life out of this design to get a few more pennies in the old coffers. Look everybody,its got NEW graphics and NEW paint,come on,sell your OLD 11' model for the must have 12' version. Jeez,no wonder there's as many NEW bikes languishing in the shows rooms,posing as second hand with a mere 300 miles on the clock. AIRCOOLEDCHRIS.......Yes,the SUZ sv 1000 was a good un',unstated,underrated and forgotten in favour of the R1's of this isle. The Firestorm was another underrated bike that Honda SHOULD HAVE KEPT,using the SP1/2 G.D.C engine eventually,with USD forks,RAD CALS,styling,etc.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices