Skip to content

Discuss This MV Agusta’s Triumph Street Triple killer spied New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > MV Agusta’s Triumph Street Triple killer spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

MV Agusta’s Triumph Street Triple killer spied

MV Agusta's all-new 675cc Brutale has been spied testing for the first time. The bike is a naked version of MV’s F3 675cc inline triple sportsbike, and will rival Triumph's big-selling Street Triple R. Bosses at the iconic Italian firm have also revealed they are planning an 800cc inline three-cylinder version of the Brutale, an 800cc sportsbike, a 675 road-going super-motard...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 September 2011 12:14)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
batesm

Jan 04

batesm says:

crustybiker

Ahem - the No.1 selling Brand in the UK for 500cc+ bikes is....Triumph (by a bl@@dy mile) Also the MV will be delayed and never end up sub £8k.

Reply to this Topic
lgoldup

Sep 11

lgoldup says:

MV vs Triumph

Fair enough, it's going to be a bit faster than the Trumph but if you wanted that much speed you'd get a faired bike. Also the look of the Street Triple is a killer itself, let alone it being BRITISH made. One of the few companies we have left in this country who are still growing strong! The 675cc Trumph engine has been used and tested in the Street Triple for years, it's also made by Brits...I'll stick with Triumph! ;)

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Nagging doubts!

Well, for a start, it looks tiny. Could someone really go on the back of that safely? Then there are the obvious issues, such as reliability, dealer back-up (how many dealers are there and do you know where your nearest one is?) and the price sounds too good to be true. MV could well bankrupt themselves trying to make this bike cheap. And finally resale value. What would one of these be worth in 5 or 10 years time, especially if the firm goes under again? At first glance, apart from the exhaust, I thought it looked like the new Suzuki GSR 750, but thats just me! It does look Japanese.

Reply to this Topic
colinux

Jul 05

colinux says:

much better looking!

I have no idea why MCN fuss about  the triumph speed triple.

The engine is just a cheap copy of the original Benelli triple, and the trimuph speed triple looks like an old dog with it's hideous headlamps.

This MV is leagues ahead of the pig ugly triumph, so should not even be compared with it.

MV Brutale 675 and the benelli 899TNT are in a different league to the second class triumph.

Just because something is British made, does that mean we should ride such an ugly machine?

Reply to this Topic
olspitfire

Mar 09

olspitfire says:

oh dear, colinux you are entitled to your opinion of course, but it's pretty obvious you don't understand design or what makes a good road bike, Triumph are popular for a reason, open your mind !

Reply to this Topic
rodgerslyon

Jan 06

rodgerslyon says:

Lets just wait and see...

I will hold judgement on this, it may well have more power but reliability on a highly strung ITALIAN newly designed 675 with no dealer network in the UK......hmmmm, not drawing me to any distant showroom any time soon. For Colinux, i bought a Street Triple R after testing many others and if you havent ridden it then you simply wont understand why the bike is so good. I ride it as a commuter, as a sunday blast, spend hours on a motorway on it, track day it and i have owned Jap sportsbikes over the last 8yrs of riding. My wife with less than 200miles riding experience can also get on it and ride it as its not scary for a novice and is light enough for her to be able to move when she is off the bike. I have the Arrow cans that give a ridiculously addictive engine note that just begs to be thrashed. Oh and it had nothing to do with being British, its has a great dealer network even if the parts supply from Hinckley is often a bit slow. (Im scottish so having a Union Jack splattered everywhere isnt my cup of tea) Mine is a 2011 model with round lights, tend to agree on the new lights and graphics on the tank tho. The new colours do make it look like a bar of Dairy Milk!! Its great that we have such a huge amount of choice but I went with the Triumph because it suited my needs best.

Reply to this Topic
955nsim

Jul 10

955nsim says:

blinkered!!

The new MV will probably be a very good bike,whether it remains reliable and cheap enough to maintain,compared to the opposition remains to be seen,either way motorcyclists have even more choice in this class. Have to agree with olspitfire...Colinux clearly has issues with Triumph..the Triple engines on Triumphs are in no way way related to, or mechanically the same, as the Chinese-owned Benelli which has a reputation for unreliability and poor quality control,although they look and sound good.Mv themselves say that they are aiming at the Triumph,so it is obvious that there will be comparisons.some people hate British bikes that is very clear,fortunately most people are less blinkered and have the ability to be a bit more objective.Triumph have the strongest growth of all manufacturers over the last year for a good reason.something must be right about them!People all have different views and favourite bikes,but we gotta be grounded in reality when talking about a bikes merits.

Reply to this Topic
sandmacker

Oct 10

sandmacker says:

Proven

Unfortunately MV ,along with alot of other Italian makes ,don't fair that well in the reliability/maintenance  stakes. Aprilia are closing the gap, but these things stop me from buying Italian . The only bike I'd buy outside Japan would be British or German . Triumph have a sensible RW aproach to the way they build their bikes ,whilst somehow making them unique . The MV will not threaten the Trumpy . MV's reputation is in tatters and this bike will not bridge the gap  

Reply to this Topic
Gooner89

Dec 11

Gooner89 says:

MV3 Triumph Killer?

:smileAbsolutley spot on. Ive had my 675 for 5 years, no problems, cheap maintainance, fantastic service at Jack Lilley superb build quality. For 2 years I owned 2 italian bikes. An Aprillia RSV and a Ducati 749. Never again. Waiting 4 months for a cabaretta from Aprillia was a mare, and I was knocked of the Ducati and waited 3 months for parts, plus the electrics on both bikes were dodgy as hell. I wont even mention the service costs and dealerships. The MV is definatley NOT a triumph killer, neither is it beautiful imo. They should have had underseat pipes rather than the Batman rocket launcher on the side. I was loaned a Street Triple recently as a curtousy bike. What a bike that is. Im so tempted to get one.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle