Skip to content

Discuss This Loris Capirossi announces retirement in Misano MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Loris Capirossi announces retirement in Misano

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Loris Capirossi announces retirement in Misano

Loris Capirossi has announced he will retire at the end of the 2011 MotoGP world championship during an emotional press conference at the Misano circuit today. The 38-year-old said he had decided to call time on the longest Grand Prix career in history, despite having offers to race a private 1000ccc bike and to switch to World Superbikes in 2012. Capirossi, who...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 September 2011 17:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Emotional.

As any rider would be when he announces his retirement I wish Loris all the best but I'll never forgive him for knocking Harada off and also the other incident a year later.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wullie65

Sep 11

wullie65 says:

enjoy your retirement loris .........NEXT YEAR MYBE JOHNNY REA CAN STEP UP ON THE NUMBER 65....

Reply to this Topic
Technique

Jul 11

Technique says:

Get over it dude.

Its just sad to see that you provide is with such a low comment Elbowx. That incident happened years ago and Loris was very sorry, Harada accepted his apology ditto for his team, why cant you? I wish all the best wishes to Loris, i completely understood the guy after his emotional moment. There is no doubt we will see a young Capirossi in the future again. We will miss you Capirex!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Good luck in the future Capirex, been a great competitor and mugello(2005?) on the ducati with 4 others battling it out one of many great rides, was v unlucky in 2006.. All the best to You and Your family Loris...

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

forgot to add at the mo I wouldn't wish his ride on anyone..

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I'm with 'elbowz'.

'Technique'........................There's nothing to 'get over'. I'm sure Capi's apology came straight from the heart......not! He knew what he was doing and it was beyond the realms of 'a racing incident'. Tata Capi.

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

Legend

Thanks for the memories Loris. Some great races, a real Pitbull spirit!

2006 could have been his year. Some great last-lap battles with Rossi and, before Stoner came along in 2007, the true golden boy and ambassador for Ducati. Of course as soon as Stoner showed his magic, Ducati dropped Loris like a stone (like they did so often with their riders!)

Good luck mate, and thanks for your contribution to the sport!

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

I'll give him a few months twiddling his thumbs, jittering his gear-shifting legs and involuntarily flipping his throttle hand, then expect to see him start a come back in either a local Italian SB, BSB or WSBK... if not... enjoy the pool and thanks for all the entertainment!

Gonna miss not seeing a rider with "boxing-gloves" on... :)

Reply to this Topic
julienducat

Dec 10

julienducat says:

Hats off, congrats for his long and consistent career. He's always shown great determination, professionalism and riding skills. I remember he offered highly entertaining races with Italian fellows Max Biaggi and Doriano Romboni back to 1994. As a ducatisti, thanks for the 1st victory on the ducati motoGP.
But unfortunately my most intense memory remains the way he took away from Tetsuya a well deserved crown, with no excuses so far (as far as I know).

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

smily

I've always like Capi, he to be smiling all the time, and I get the impression he gets on with everyone.  Enjoy your retirement.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices