Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi and Stoner pay tribute to Loris Capirossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi and Stoner pay tribute to Loris Capirossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rossi and Stoner pay tribute to Loris Capirossi

Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner have paid tribute to Loris Capirossi after the Italian veteran announced in Misano today that he is to retire at the end of 2011. Capirossi confirmed his retirement plans during an emotional press conference in Misano in which he broke down in tears while explaining his decision to the media. Capirossi is the longest-serving rider in Grand...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 September 2011 18:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

THIS REALLY TAKES THE CAKE !!!

Quote from that fair-minded, unbiased and appreciative TRUE fan of the sport of peak-level motorcycle racing, RossiDukeBiker46:

"The day Rossi retires is the day I'll never watch this shit again."

RDB, I have sarcastically posted a few times that some of the hard-core ignorant, Cyclopean, one-rider only Rossi fans would be very, very happy - ecstatic even - just to watch their Saint VR go around and around all on his own with no other bike or competitor present. I was only joking - but - fuck me dead with a black pudding, Trevor - here you are actually confirming it. Just unbelievable!

You have great week-end, enjoy "this shit" and try not to get food-poisoning to go with your salmonella-infected brain. If, by chance your nemesis, Casey Stoner wins again - don't slit your wrists and bleed-out and die at the circuit, OK? Do the right thing - jump off the Ferry, so no poor emergency medical worker has to clear-up the mess...

As I said, probably over 18 months ago now - when Rossi retires very probably a good few "alleged fans" will leave the sport with him. I have to say that after your years-long various poisonous & pathetic outbursts against Stoner - there are a good few of us “real fans” that can't wait for you to piss-off and take your nasty bullshit with you. It will actually be truly excellent for the sport. Like Doohan before him, we will miss Rossi but definitely NOT that small percentage of horrible, shit-for-brains, flotsam & jetsam trailing in his wake - the likes of you. We don't want anything to delay you any further, so - mind the door on the way out

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

And the "full" Capo/Haradastory ...

For those that don't know it - or want to argue the toss - here are the full facts:

1998 was a 3 way battle between Aprilia teammates Harada and Capirossi and Valentino Rossi for the 250cc crown. And then they came to Argentina - the LAST Round. Harada had the world championship within sight, LEADING the race into the final corner of the final lap when Harada's bike was rammed from behind by Capirossi's machine, sending the Japanese rider down and off the track. Valentino Rossi then passed both for the victory by 5.360 seconds. Harada would finish the season in third place behind Capirossi and Rossi. It was small consolation for Harada when Aprilia showed its displeasure with Capirossi's conduct by releasing him in the off season.

On the day in Argentina, Capirossi was actually disqualified and only took the Title on appeal to the FIM

Capirossi then went to Honda but could only finish 3rd overall – being “black-flagged for dangerous riding” in the 5th Round at the 250cc GP at Mugello. A U-Tube link of the incident is below. See what you think and consider that he was "disqualified". Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X47sTzsInOg

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Memory tricks

I remember watching that live on Eurosport and being convinced that Capirossi had deliberately speared Harada. It's funny how for 13 years I had believed Harada to have been harshly denied a Championship that was rightly his. No doubt Capirossi's move was desperate but I, as no doubt we all have, have seen many a move like it pay off with no ill effect. I do think that perhaps Capirossi would have been better hanging his leathers up a couple of years ago but if he still had the desire to race then who am I to say what he should have done. He has given us some great races and sights over the years and I hope he enjoys his retirement as much as I have watched him race.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

sorry

Aquarius.....but watch this clip and tell me    1) harada was NOT wide on the corner.

2) Capi was NOT nearly passed harada but caught his bars

This is the clip make your own minds up instead of reading 3 x different versions of 'THE FACTS'

LMAO....And i like how you make sure Vale gets NO credit for a win AGAIN....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQdzS1WmhCg

Reply to this Topic
sportzinn123

Aug 11

sportzinn123 says:

Grand Prix San Marino MotoGP

Watch LIVE Grand Prix San Marino @ SPORTZINN in [HD]

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

leemuz ...

Once again you display your shallow and appalling ignorance of racing - thank Chriist I was never in any event you allegedly flag-marshalled at!

The clip is very deceptive - Harada has a very clear lead of several bike lengths and goes in wide to be tight on the apex. As he arrives at that point, Loris leaves off the brakes and dives into a gap that had already closed - "closing" is being kind. Hey, don't try and argue with me. The whole wide World thought Capo was a wanker and a villain and Race Control promptly disqualified him. What I "think or thought" had no bearing on the outcome.

The trouble with you guys is you all deny reality. As to your overly-sensitive claim that I "dudded" or put-down Valentino  Rossi in this incident of 13 years ago when you were just a whelp and not even intersted in this complicated stuff that is clearly just a step too far for you - you should read it all again and have a close look at yourself in the mirror. I am only guilty of attempting to put the proper and full "context" and the facts straight for people that were either not aware of them , didn't see it or only just read or heard about it.  I also posted a "link" to the incident for everyone to view - so, WHY did you do the same - did you think "yours" was "better" and just might show your darling, VR?

God, you one-eyed Rossi lovers and apologists are such biased and mpronic wankers that it is simply the stuff of Hoolywwod Horror Movies. The undead rise up and stagger about making unintelligible noises and repeating utter nonsense. Go and get some good, old -fashioned aerobic exercise and stop sulking and making moaning noises in your room. Be a good boy, OK?

Reply to this Topic
RickyP

Sep 11

RickyP says:

aquarius

I'm the first to admit I'm a Rossi fan, I'm also a Lorenzo and Stoner fan, infact I just like racing in general! I'm not going to stop liking a rider because they are struggling, not am I blind, I'm the first to admit that Casey Stoner is probably the fastest motorbike rider in MotoGP right now. But what I do take issue to is when people try and twist the truth of history and what happened, before I posted stating Valentino Rossi was already ahead I checked. I have video pass with the MotoGP website, and one of the benefits of this is that you can watch all the archive race footage, I've gone back and re-watched that race and Valentino Rossi was already ahead of Harada and Capriossi when the incident happened! That's not my opinion, or my memory, its fact from me watching the race video! I understand that everyone's entitled to their opinions about riders, but you don't back up your cause to well when you give false facts. Totally agree with you on the Capriossi/Harada incident, that was never a legitimate overtake, very similar to the Senna/Prost incident.

Reply to this Topic
sportzinn123

Aug 11

sportzinn123 says:

Grand Prix San Marino MotoGP

Watch LIVE Grand Prix MotoGP San Marino @ SPORTZINN

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

mr im always right

....strikes again with his personal insults.

For some reason nobody can have an opinion unless it is exactly the same as aqueeriarse.

p s ya boring long winded comments help with my sleep deprivation. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CommunitySpirit

Aug 11

Thanks for some great battles Loris ...

You should be proud to have made a great contribution to the sport and have had a distinguished career with some outstanding achievements and always a delightful personality. All good things come to an end and great to see a standing ovation as well as commendations from colleagues. On a sad note, it is a shame that Casey demonstrated his poor conduct once again to turn his comments into a ‘side swipe’ at other colleagues. It should have been Loris’s moment and Casey seems to have ‘soiled’ it by implying that other team mates were unsupportive ‘of himself!?’. In his head he probably thinks this is not because they minimised their exposure to his poor conduct but because they were jealous of him ... what all of your team mates? Take a leaf out of others ‘book’ Loris, ignore him, you are what Casey can only aspire to ... you are a gentlemen sir.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle