Skip to content

Discuss This Morrisons: 'Helmets trap petrol fumes' General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Morrisons: 'Helmets trap petrol fumes'

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Morrisons: 'Helmets trap petrol fumes'

Filling up with fuel with your helmet on can cause you to pass out, the supermarket Morrisons told a biker. Petrol fumes collect inside the helmet and become trapped, causing sickness and eventual loss of consciousness, the retailer said. The bizarre claims were made to a motorcyclist who tried to refuel his Harley-Davidson FXR at a Morrisons petrol station in an...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 September 2011 11:34)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
No 1 big T

Apr 08

No 1 big T says:

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/store-finder/about-customer-services/Contact-Us/

Just go on their web site and tell them what you think, Be polite though

Reply to this Topic
spza502

Sep 10

spza502 says:

nonsense

i always take my helmet and gloves off to fill up, always take my time doing it, same when putting my helmet and gloves back on, always go as slow as possible, then at the pump check through all my trip meters and mpg meters, then maybe even reset them.sometimes i even take my earplugs out then have to put them back in. theres usually always a car or two waiting behind me. not hardcore i know, but if they want us to take our lids off then they will see the delay we can cause, so its my own passive protest.

Reply to this Topic
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

spza502

Lovin' your peaceful protest lol !!!

Reply to this Topic
sallison30

Mar 08

sallison30 says:

I can't remember ever taking my helmet off to refuel and after 27 years of motorcycling I haven't passed out.

Reply to this Topic
00eking

Sep 11

00eking says:

Fuel stations

I am manager for pace petroleum and work at a forecourt in wiltshire. I have never been informed of any problems with fuel vapour. we do not ask riders to dismount bikes or remove helmets aslong as the visor is open whilst filling up. I think people need to pay more attention to the idiots who smoke whilst filling up or on the forecourt  . also people on mobile phones surely people have better things to do just enjoy life to making stupid rules

Reply to this Topic
doughnut1

Sep 10

doughnut1 says:

Had the same ridiculous message once when i stopped there a couple of years ago. I wasn't in a rush so, i went to another garage and never been back since. I have since stopped buying anything from them

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices