Skip to content

Discuss This Morrisons: 'Helmets trap petrol fumes' General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Morrisons: 'Helmets trap petrol fumes'

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Morrisons: 'Helmets trap petrol fumes'

Filling up with fuel with your helmet on can cause you to pass out, the supermarket Morrisons told a biker. Petrol fumes collect inside the helmet and become trapped, causing sickness and eventual loss of consciousness, the retailer said. The bizarre claims were made to a motorcyclist who tried to refuel his Harley-Davidson FXR at a Morrisons petrol station in an...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 September 2011 11:34)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

helmets

so you take your helmet off as requested and some morron bumps into you helmet hits the floor  are the garage liable to replace helmet or what is the law  as you have done as requested

Reply to this Topic
reabo

Sep 11

reabo says:

helmets.

this is one subject that really winds me up, and i have argued the point before on other forums and in supermarkets. how come i am required to remove my helmet for the security cameras when if i choose to wear a veil i don't have to? are we to accept being treated as a potential criminal whilst other members of society are presumed innocent? i regularly shop in tesco at bromley by bow, london, where a large part of their customer base choose to wear a veil, and was asked to remove my helmet a number of times. i would refuse and make my point to the manager. now i am not challenged and frequently pop in on my way to work. i am not racist and firmly belive in equal rights and fair treatment for everybody.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Easy way out!

Why don't all petrol stations have debit/credit card operated pumps like at my local Asda. No-one can drive off then without paying and you don't need someone to operate them, just an emergency button to press if there is a problem. Simples!!!

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

kilharat burkha

thats funny a burkha wearer tried her best to have me off last week! Hundreds of em round brum drive with them on!

Reply to this Topic
pippawilky

Nov 10

pippawilky says:

ok then helmet off burkha on then it is

Reply to this Topic
deb3km

Sep 11

deb3km says:

Morons

Their argument for us to remove our helmet dont hold up. Most if not all supermarket operate a Pay at Pump option after hours when the kiosk is closed. How do they then intend for enforce this stupid policy? If they ask me I will just say "its against my religion" hahaha

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Morrisons...

... enforce this for all petrol customers including pay-at-pump.

Reply to this Topic
exportmanuk

Feb 11

exportmanuk says:

?????? What?????

If you are old enough to ride a motorcycle you are old enough to buy petrol. What a load of ***** Was the spokesman just out of kinder-garden?

Reply to this Topic
lgoldup

Sep 11

lgoldup says:

Helmet?!

Wait..."Petrol fumes collect inside the helmet and become trapped", okay but how do they collect in an 'OPEN' face helmet! ;) Some people hey...Still it wouldn't be a bad smell to pass out to!

Reply to this Topic
zephyrdave

Jul 08

zephyrdave says:

where

If they ask you to take your lid off ask them where you're supposed to put it - not on the bike it might fall off and be damaged. There's not usually room on top of the pump so they may well tell you to put it on the floor. Once you put your lid on the floor where they have told you to put it ask them to supply you with a new lid as the petrol and diesel on the forecourt floot, where they told you to put it, will have compromised the shell and lining of the lid making it unsafe to wear. Once they've coughed up for a few new lids perhaps they'll get the message that the people doing the majority of robbing in the petrol stations are the govt not bikers.

I was paying at the pump once in Morrisions, when I questioned why I was being asked to remove my open face helmet despite having already entered my PIN they said that PIN wasn't secure and I could have a cloned card... FFS...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices