You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Pay as you go Insurance

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

garethjl

Mar 11

garethjl says:

Pay as you go Insurance

Does anyone know how this works, or has used it before?

Would i be able to insure myself on a bike which already has an existing policy rather than adding myself to the policy?

The father in law has a bike his current insurer wont consider me on because im under 27. He has a VFR800. other companies will cover me, but im not going to ask him to change and lose money.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 September 2011 19:11)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Can't have

2 policies on the same bike.

Maybe try a cheaper bike, and get the ins in your dad-in-laws name for a while, and get added to that policy instead, before getting your own?

Reply to this Topic
garethjl

Mar 11

garethjl says:

Smaller bike

yeh, already looking at a smaller bike (like the Ninja 250R). Although the insurance prices are slightly cheaper, the cost of the bikes are sometimes more, which actually pretty much levels it out anyway.

he's not been riding long either, so having him as the main insured doesnt make too much difference. i've tried all sorts to get the quotes down. all legitimate options of course...

Reply to this Topic
littleredrooster

Aug 02

Insurance (again)

I think you had this answered in your last thread. Most (all?) insurers require the bike to be registered in your name before they will insure it. The only other alternative that I know of is a Trader's Policy which will cost an arm and a leg.

Reply to this Topic
garethjl

Mar 11

garethjl says:

hmmm...

i think i mentioned about permanent insurnace before, but recently found the 'pay as you go' type and wondered if it would be the same.

keep looking I guess!

thanks

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle