Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) made a very strong start at Misano to lead the race from start to finish, taking the lead from Casey Stoner early in the first lap and reducing Stoner's championship lead to 35 points. Lorenzo rode very consistently to stretch a gap of just over seven seconds over Repsol Honda team mates Casey Stoner and Dani...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 September 2011 14:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

good batlle between dovi and simo,simo really does take no prisoners!

good ride by lorenzo, looked out of his comfort zone at first, but he really is showing his true determination, if he keeps sticking it to stacey  we may have a few good races ahead.

Rossi, fastest ducati in 7th says all you need to know, got slower as conditions got better, he really does need a rain wizard......

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Anyway, unless I mis-heard I think Danis got a new contract. Can anyone confirm?

Yes he has, according to the commentary team at least

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Vastly inferior intellect ...

... is on display as usual here.  How surprising.

Jorge was back on form today - putting together consistently fast laps on the greatly underrated Yamaha.  Casey was content to follow but found himself fading by midrace, and instead of challenging Jorge in the later stages as planned, he was easily skinned by his teammate Dani.  Stoner had hinted on Saturday that Indy and Misano back-to-back was a tough week, and from his post-race comments I suspect he is suffering from Couvade syndrome.

Dani was not even close to Jorge's pace, but happily accepted an easy 2nd place.  Even happier about that state of affairs was Jorge, and now a single DNF (or DNS) from Casey will blast the championship wide open.  I think this one will go down to the last round.

Some aggressive riding from Super Sic was the most entertaining viewing of the day, and his tussle with Andrea and Ben in the latter stages was destined to end in tears ... but it didn't.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Yeah

i too, was impressed with the way Casey presented himself in front of Rainey.

The race definetely took it's toll on them, and they'll be glad they have another week off. Lorenzo and Casey both looked knackered so im glad there's a 2 week break.

NOT a criticism of Rossi, but did anyone else notice in the post race interviews how Lorenzo said 'I could win the second victory in Italy, and for me this is very important' followed with a massive grin from Casey. Which for me, translates into 'Im happy to get another win in Rossi's homeland, and give a good show to his fans!'.

It was a bit dissapointing seeing Casey drop back, but still a 3rd place is a top result(and that's considered a bad weekend). I think if fatigue wasn't a problem he would have taken the win. He set a 1.33.9 very early on in the race and im sure could have betterd it. In Brno he set the fastest lap on the 2nd lap with a full tank of petrol and fresh tyres so it just goes to show he can go that little extra when needed.

As for Hugelean and another one of his daily rants of how the Honda is 30 times better than the Yamaha, at no point did it look to have the stretch on the straights. Looked dead even to me. Get some new material.

Great scrap for 4th also, nice one Simoncelli.

Bring on Aragon.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Lean.

For the upteenth time come out with something new instead os the same old dross Honda this and Honda that.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Smackbum...

Obviously someone of your superior intelligence would know the answer to this question - is it better to be known as a race-fan-genius, or an insulting-know-it-all?

Opinions are just, well, opinions. Having differing ones doesn't make someone less intelligent really.

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Another strung-out procession...

Boring race as always these days in Motogp. Nice to see Moaner hoofed back to third and bring the Championship back towards Jorge. I thought Honda would have told little Ped to let Stoner come second but maybe Dani is still allowed to race....until next time out. The racing all happened between Spies, Dovi and Sic who provided his own awesome entertainment. Rossi sent the fans into an uproar just by his mere presence on the Ducati. Awesome stuff. It was great to have been at Misano just to see the Italian fans go crazy. Be great when he actually gets a decent bike. Funny how he got the biggest cheers and the podium trio even had some good old fashioned boo's. Lol. Regards after race reactions. They really do mean very little when its Lorenzo or Moaner.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

elbowz when you stop ranting on about Spies being the new rossi, I'll stop enjoying the quality of the new honda, at least I'm being realistic...actually I won't bother. you're a tool.. The hondas great and their si something seriously wrong with a small percentage of the fans(V small) calling everyone who rates the new honda and would rather we just called it the ok honda or the equal honda or the average honda.., and now Casey on one knee you've all gone pc mad.. Did anyone hear what Rainey said when Casey explained that he'd lost because he was tired and had a sore neck, heard that, but missed the response..??

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

marvelous

rossi has a decent bike he just carnt ride it. 23 secs off the pace erm development going backwards again what a goat..lol

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

I never said that.

Spies being the new Rossi lean yeah I'll admit the Honda is good only because of some techs they poached from Yamaha and signing Stoner take all that away where will they be in the dust where they were in the early days of the 800cc era.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices