Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) made a very strong start at Misano to lead the race from start to finish, taking the lead from Casey Stoner early in the first lap and reducing Stoner's championship lead to 35 points. Lorenzo rode very consistently to stretch a gap of just over seven seconds over Repsol Honda team mates Casey Stoner and Dani...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 September 2011 14:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Oh dear RDB

Rossi sent the fans into an uproar just by his mere presence on the Ducati. Awesome stuff. It was great to have been at Misano just to see the Italian fans go crazy. Be great when he actually gets a decent bike. Funny how he got the biggest cheers and the podium trio even had some good old fashioned boo's. Lol. Regards after race reactions. They really do mean very little when its Lorenzo or Moaner

What low expectations you have in terms of race entertainment.

Reply to this Topic
Technique

Jul 11

Technique says:

Childish behaviour.

According to a interview with MCN's race reporter Matthew Bird, Rossi gave a professional opinion on what he thinks the reaction of his own fans. 

''It's not fair because the riders on the rostrum give the maximum to win, so they need more respect from the fans." Rossi on Lorenzo boos'' - Valentino Rossi.

I agree with him and this is a positive response from a true champion.

People need to stop assuming and creating their own stories.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Possible aliternative

Neil Spalding (Eurosport tech guru) was of the opinion that Stoner's bike was in fuel management mode, ie cutting back the power to get to the finish. Personally I would think that the more likely reason for his 3rd place finish rather than being tired (sore arms etc) as these guys are seriously fit. Also why would Casey admit in front of his rivals and the world that his bike was having to save fuel? I would much rather see the bikes with a decent amount of fuel so the riders could race for the whole race and not have to worry about conserving fuel at the beginning or end of a gp.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Hayden's comment.

I don't like Misano and in front of several Italian mechanics after yet another non finish there one finish 13th in his title defence says it all and being knocked off on several occassions.

2009 De Angelis.

2010 Capirossi.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

''It's not fair because the riders on the rostrum give the maximum to win, so they need more respect from the fans." Rossi on Lorenzo boos'' - Valentino Rossi.''

Absolutely agree with Vale. 'Unfortunately/surprise surprise' it sums up most of his fans.

Great ride by Jorge...........a Champion looking to retain his title. Stoner still gets grief despite admitting it was him and not the bike. Good ride from Dani but tbh, same old same old from him. Obviously the 'race' was for 4th. Simo and Dovi made the last few laps exciting and Ben's laaaaaaaaaate braking manoeuvre could've gone either way but thankfully all stayed upright! A great tussle from those three. All in all, not a great race but not a bad race either. (Glad to see Cal finish)

Reply to this Topic
twinkledh

Dec 10

twinkledh says:

elbowz

are you really not the least bit disappointed with ben this year? i really enjoyed watching his progress last year and was hoping he would put the wind up spaceman jorge!

yet another weekend of being out qualified and beaten by a huge margin in the race by his team mate. isolated good performances are not going to enable him to keep a works ride beyond his current contract, are they?. i hope he turns things around, he has a unique style and always comes across as a likeable bloke when interviewed. 

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

twinkledh.

Ben has had an difficult weekend to contend with set up issues and his team have aplogised for that. Just to let you know he is contracted to the works team for another year and you know why Yam signed him up because of his WSBK title last time he rode a 1000 Jorge has the edge but next year he won't have his way.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Ben himself coined the phrase 'aliens'. This, and his performances to date, make me feel that he realises that 'they're' a step ahead of him and will always be. I hope i'm wrong but.................

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Another boring race

Another boring motogp race, Hopefully next year with all the rule changes and hopefully more bikes on the grid the racing will be more exciting. Alot of guys have said that motogp has the best riders and best bikes which i fully agree with but watching motogp2 with 40 bikes on the grid and riders very often coming into a corner 4 abreast I know which is more exciting and which race i would rather watch  

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

ratchetman

Well stop watching bud. Should all the rule changes next season provide similar results then what will you do? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle