Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) made a very strong start at Misano to lead the race from start to finish, taking the lead from Casey Stoner early in the first lap and reducing Stoner's championship lead to 35 points. Lorenzo rode very consistently to stretch a gap of just over seven seconds over Repsol Honda team mates Casey Stoner and Dani...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 September 2011 14:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Two feckin weeks.

For the next event and I am already ccared why those long starights on the Aragon circuits hope Yamaha has the grunt needed to match those factory Hondas.

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

CRT = Motogp's future

Over at MM, DE highlighted a comment by the Dorna CEO to the effect hat he expects all Motogp bikes to be of the CRT format in the future. Something about future-proofing Motogp against a manufacturer walkout. I think it could be quite good with the big boys providing engines F1 style to private teams. Enjoyed the race. JL showed his class. Great to see there isn't just one dominant figure at the moment... keeps the series interesting. I feel a bit for Bradl in Moto2, he got duffed up a few times by Iannone in the last laps helping Marquez get the small but vital gap.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Aragon...

At Mugello, a circuit with only a slightly shorter staight, JL's Yamaha was actually faster in a straight line than Stoner's pole setting Honda in qualifying (323.1 to Stoner's 322.3) & JL went on to win that one. Not much to pick between them for the whole session across all the factory riders. Seems the grunt of the Yamaha is a match for the Honda.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Missed it

Missed the race, and not going to watch the delay live coverage. Shitty Sky television here in NZ. I didn't expect Stoner to do well at Brno, Indy, or at San Marino. The 2 wins suprised me, but race at San Marino as what I expected. Aragon should be between Stoner and Pedrosa. Yamaha struggled last year. Rossi on Yamaha was struggling. Jorge could be a surprise though. Ben Spies would be the real threat there, as he did quite well on Tech 3 last year.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Naaa...

... Stoner & Dani are good mates... I'm sure the commentator said that when Dani pulled out of the slipstream Stoner almost sucked him off as he went past... I'm sure he said that!

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Aragon.

For me was the best race on the first ever visit there battles everywhere Hayden v Lorenzo the one for me was Spies v Dovi to me that sounded like they were battling for the win the Tech 3 way slow compared to the works Honda but Ben put on a show pulling off some late braking moves to combat the Honda's speed.and forced Dovi into a mistake on the last lap.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Smackbum you've have been told by many a blogger before me that your biggoted opinions are just that nothing more.. Please do not try and make out that I was somehow involved in booing who ever it was that was being booed on the podium at the last race.. Please fixate on someone else.. you gobshyte..

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

re discobiskit

It would be great to see a moto 2 based top class so it was the riders talent that won the races not having far superior machinery. The problem with that is Moto GP is meant to be the pinnicle of bike racing with prototype factory machinery so i cant see it ever happening.

The best riders get the top machinery anyway hence the alien status. I think certain forum members on here miss that point, Rossi stoner Pedro and Lorenzo have the ability to make a good bike work on any circiut and are able to match inferior riders on better machinery. It doesnt matter if the honda has a slight straight line speed advantage or the Yamaha is slightly for agile through the bends, they still end up on the podium. I also think riders cant win no matter what they say, stoner was honest yesterday and admitted he was tired yesterday and it was the reason he dropped off the pace nothing else. No bullshit excuses.

Ive played rugby and raced bikes myself , ive prepared well before games but have had the odd time of being abit flat and lacking energy for no reason , its life, it happens.

If he blamed the bike or its set up tyres etc like others he's whining, he cant win

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Stoner

dropped off the pace immediately after almost hitting Lorenzo up the chuff, probably a warning sign and good for him to take heed of it rather than pushing too hard and risking a crash. It's about time that that mid season break was done away with and the calender altered so that races could be spread out a bit more with the fly aways grouped together, even if it means going to other countries and tracks.

So much for the vastly superior Honda argument, and Hayden hates Misano 'cos it's now a right handed track.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Catch up...

Smackbum – Actually I didn’t think you were referring to me. I just thought that starting your post out by insulting others was in poor taste. I know you are better than that. I probably should have just let it go. Sorry.

discoBiskit – I agree completely about the CRT future proofing MotoGP. I wish all riders were on CRT machines. I believe it would greatly improve the show and eliminate factory rider domination of the results. Riders like Marco Melandri and Nicky Hayden and many others would be able to show their true talent, rather than play second fiddle to the factory’s handpicked winner.

Finally – for those that think the Honda’s are “vastly superior” they are wrong. But, they are right in saying they have an advantage. If you have never raced you can’t understand that having better acceleration off the corners makes a HUGE difference. It almost always means that a faster rider can’t get around a slower one. It is immensely FRUSTRATING to catch someone on the brakes / corners just to have them pull several bike lengths on you on the next straightaway.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle