Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Misano MotoGP: Lorenzo dominates to take victory

Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) made a very strong start at Misano to lead the race from start to finish, taking the lead from Casey Stoner early in the first lap and reducing Stoner's championship lead to 35 points. Lorenzo rode very consistently to stretch a gap of just over seven seconds over Repsol Honda team mates Casey Stoner and Dani...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 September 2011 14:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

i think ducati need a complete rethink of there development ,cf frame needs to go and suter needs to make them a trellis frame...

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Don't hate Acanada

It makes you look bitter. You must be sick of 6th-10th place finishes by now eh ? no probably not, i guess in your eyes it's a valiant effort.

So you have made the comparison that Rossi was quicker than Stoner last year at Misano(his worst race finish). Here is another stat, which isn't so pointless.

This time last year, Stoner had 3 DNF's to his name yet had 5 podiums including a win to his name. He was leaving round 13 with 155 points.

Now Rossi, one GIFTED podium, no DNF's, no wins, and has 133 points.

I think it's obvious who is somewhat 'lacking' in speed.  Will he stop moaning about that bloody gearbox though ? unlikely.

Reply to this Topic
MVmadman

Jul 11

MVmadman says:

yamaha3358

you really are a prick...change the effin record you moron!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

aww feeling upset are we ?

haha 6th in the championship, what a fail ! twat.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LIER

WHAT'S THE NEXT EXCUSE ROSSI WOULD USE AGAIN. I WONDER SO MUCH??? FORK AGAIN?? REAR??? TC THAT HE SAID MADE STONER WON 2007 WC???!!!!! HE IS ABSOLUTELY GOAT (god of ass talk) MASTER!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

childish gentlemen really!!!

Gods sake is there really any need for all the name calling?? if anything this season has shown afew things.

1. Ducati are barking up the wrong tree with there chasis design and need to expect this and come up with a plan be or they will have wasted the money they paid out to get Rossi and Burgess on board. If they cant make the thing work properly no one can.

2. it shows how brave Stoner has been for the last few years to push so hard on a bike that clearly doesnt not have any feeling to it. So to win as many this as he did shows his talent plus also explains why he crashed out so often. who can blame him for moving on when honda can calling with a very sorted bike.

3. Rossi is a very different character to Stoner and has finished every Race this season as he's tried to get the bike to work properly, nothing they have come up with can take it up to the level Honda and Yamaha are at , and rather than rider beyond the point we're the bike loses feeling he's brought it home.

You can call that what you like, excuses , cowardly  or plain common sense. Rossi finally started to admit the bike need to revert back to a conventional frame if they a hope of getting it onto the pace.

The haters say it excuses and he's past it, i just think its a 9 time world champ saying he's not willing to smash himself up overiding the thing like Casey used too . Do people really believe Rossi has gone backwards to a 7th place finisher overnight??? come on get really and admit the truth to yourselves.

I for one will put my hand up and say ive got Stoner totally wrong and have gained massive respect for the Guy this season . some of the things he does on that honda are unreal, and no it aint just down to the bike!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Fuck the bickering...

Did you lot see the pass that Dani put on Stoner?? 140 odd MPH on the inside... How brave is that kid and what a statement to his "tired" team mate?! - Pass of the year!!!

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

It was always Jorges

It was always Jorges for the taking, he was dynamite on that Yam. We all now know why Stoner slowed off the pace. Simo was brilliant again as usual and Spies nearly got there with some fast laps. 

As for Dani - Why the hell weren't you fair up Jorges arse all race like you are supposed to be. What a pathetic display from him on sunday, I really hope they dump his arse for a real paceman like Simocelli. He has been Hondas top rider for years and was 7 seconds off the pace

Dovi - piss off and stop wasting Honda's time, you are obviously not fast enough, been like that all year, you to are a factory team member like Dani, why were you not all over Jorge like a rash, its because you are slow. 

Other than the Double D kids annoying me I did enjoy the racing, although it was for 4th, not bad.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

KGB333

"I really hope they dump his arse for a real paceman like Simocelli."

Dani, Dovi & Simo (& Stoner) are on the same factory spec bike... the only difference is the paint job... & Dani & Dovi are proving themselves a lot better in the races than Simo... that was the 1st race he's ever finished in front of Dovi in motoGP.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Simo's the apprentice

If they are all on factory spec hondas then why aren't Dani and Dovi up front.

This is my point.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices