Skip to content

Discuss This Sykes wins after team sacked by Kawasaki World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Sykes wins after team sacked by Kawasaki

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Sykes wins after team sacked by Kawasaki

The PBM (Paul Bird Motorsport) team has lost the contract to run the factory Kawasaki team in WSB the same day that Tom Sykes won the first ever race for the new ZX-10R. Bird has been running Kawasaki’s WSB effort since 2009 and having developed the new bike this season had every intention to continue the project with a view...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 September 2011 16:59)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

The Spanish hold the power. Sums it up.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Sorry! Forgot to add well done Tom :)

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

well done

tom, great ride, glad i put you in my fantasy team now, great to see kawasaki win a race :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Wet

I didn't see the race as I was out watching the Hizzy memorial run but wasn't it a wet race? That would make sense as the last time a Brit won a WSB race on a Kawasaki it was Walker, another nice guy but no real hope of being the Champ or regular winner at World level, on a Kawasaki, in the wet. As far as PBM losing the contract with Kawasaki - what did they expect? They were caught with a load of drugs in one of their lorries. No matter what the circumstances Kawasaki are Japanese and that would have been extremely embarissing for them.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Great result for Sykes soured somewhat by Kawasaki dumping the team for next year. However this was not unexpected after the embarrassment heaped on Kawasaki after one of the Team lorries was found to have drugs, a gun and ammunition stashed away on it.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Mort77

It was peeing down for the whole race. Haga led (+7secs ish) and was majestic until  2/3 (thereabouts) of the race when he dumped it! Happy for Tom but gutted for Nori.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Cheers

PaceyCasey. I'm kinda glad I didn't see it then! (Not really) I feel really sorry for Nori - ever the bridesmaid so to speak. Though he was surely robbed of the title in 2000 and again, though not so obviously, in 2006 when Toseland scraped the title. Perhaps that's being unduly unkind to JT but for my money Haga is the better rider by far. Still well done to Tom though we'll probably see him back in BSB next year.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

In WSBK Nori will always be a God bud. He should've had more titles but the Championship don't lie at the end of the day/season. We all know his worth though :)

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Yeah as BoyBilly says...

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Nice

About bloody time kawasaki!! Hopefully more to come.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices