Skip to content

Discuss This Sykes wins after team sacked by Kawasaki World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Sykes wins after team sacked by Kawasaki

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Sykes wins after team sacked by Kawasaki

The PBM (Paul Bird Motorsport) team has lost the contract to run the factory Kawasaki team in WSB the same day that Tom Sykes won the first ever race for the new ZX-10R. Bird has been running Kawasaki’s WSB effort since 2009 and having developed the new bike this season had every intention to continue the project with a view...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 September 2011 16:59)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Nori.

May have never won a title in WSBK but he will regarded as one of the best WSBK riders his best chance came in 2000 when he was on the R1 but a missed drugs test something like that denied him then in 2009 but a certain Mr Spies proved too good for him.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

only you, elbowz, could get a spies soundbite onto a kawasaki wsbk thread.  unreal.

spies didn't exactly stroll to the title in '09 did he?  i hardly call a 6 point margin over haga a dominating season .... but a win is a win.

and haga was riding an R7 in 2000, not the R1.  i thought you were a yamaha officianado?

Reply to this Topic
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

wonder where PBM goes now?

Will be interesting to see what Paul Bird does now, will he run his own kawasaki's, seeing as he has a stack of race data from this year, or try for the yam factory bikes? Was quite amused that Sykes didn't wait to hear the manufacturers national anthem before spraying the champagne, was he giving the finger or just too excited.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

There’s a 9mm and 3 kg of cocaine...

Down my Y-fronts. But I have absolutely no idea how it all got there!

Perchance this incident had a fair bit to do with it? The full “context” is everything, guys ...

See:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/superbikes/world-superbike-rider-chris-vermeulens-kawasaki-racing-team-transports-in-drug-bust/story-fn5k3gtw-1226048974453

Reply to this Topic
gryczon

Mar 08

gryczon says:

the most powerfull antidemotivational I've ever seen

I was same surprised reading Castrol Honda reassign J.Rea...for what? Sykes won the same day he was learned he will be sacked by Kawasaki as a result of sacking PBM. What a weird day, isn't it? Hope he will find a good place next year (even in MotoGP:) cause he deserves it as he does way better job than Haslam, Rea, Camier or Xaus now. Without any means he ate harshly both Vermeulen and Lascorz (Kawasaki contracted!). That one Yamaha season alongside contrasted in results Spies was somehow a blow in his reputation but Kawasaki seat was a great revival (similar as Melandri had in Hayate) and he prooved he is the best greener in 1000cc superbikes. Hope Kawasaki are focused on Melandri and de Puniet cause without them and without Sykes in that situation they will be lost. Anyway the bike dev needs to be pushed another step forward and Lascorz isn't that rider to handle it.

Reply to this Topic
Evogt

Apr 05

Evogt says:

Kick in the teeth

What a crock of shit. The Paul Bird team have developed that bike along with Sykes. Vermeulen and Lascorz have done nothing really, and what have this supersport team done? Fuck all really. I hope the Paul Bird team are still in the championship next year with Tom and I also hope that the PBM team fall flat on their face. Elbowz11. Haga rode the R7 in 2000 , not the R1 and he was not late for a drugs test, he proved positive for ephedrine which is a banned substance. From memory I think it was in a supplement he had taken off season. Pretty sure he had a 3 race ban to.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Cosher..

Its like others mentioning other riders on a thread where their name aint mentioned I also remember Sykes was a team-mate to you know who when he walloped the WSBK field.

14 WINS 11 POLES!!!! not a romp of course it is.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Its Sykes I Feel Sorry For

There is a reason why PBM have gotten the bullet. I am sure we will learn soon enough. Maybe kawasaki is going to run a privateer outfit like Ducati and soon to be Yamaha ?

Tom Sykes has put some effort into this bike, all th testing last yr, this yr etc etc. He deserves a ride from kawasaki for giving 110% commitment in my opinion. As for Vermulen......pift. Feel sorry for him but Tom should get preference before anyone else whoever kawasaki decide to run their new outfit.

Well done Tom for the win yesterday, top job mate, you stayed on in mental monsoon coditions!

Top job as always!!!

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

Great ride from Tom, hopefully he will get a ride next year, maybe bsb?.

Wasn't that much of a romp elbowz , Ben won it by 6 points and going into the last round in Portugal he was 2nd in the championship, still being a Yamaha fan i'm glad he won it.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Sorry...

.. but Kawasaki were always gonna pull the plug from PBM. The Recent high-headlining news of the "guns and dope border control" story would have tarnished them regardless of any blame game.

Hopefully though, this win is enough to help PBM to find a decent new outfit. Birdy has ties in many places, but my bet would say a Honda or Duke contingent.

As for Sykes, I said all along he had the metal and just needed the dev/support/money! Hopefully this'll help get him recognised for what he's worth for next year.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle