Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: ‘Seventh best I can do’, says Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: ‘Seventh best I can do’, says Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: ‘Seventh best I can do’, says Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi enjoyed one of his better races in a tough debut season for Ducati in Misano yesterday, but the Italian was still nowhere near battling for a podium in front of his passionate home crowd. With light rain falling as the field formed on the grid, Rossi capitalised on the uncertainty of some of his rivals to climb from 11th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 September 2011 09:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

acanada46

''would he dare swap the honda for a suzuki for a new challenge like rossi did when he went to yamaha..i think not''

The Yamaha was never going to be a gamble. They threw everything at it to make sure it was superb................as Vales first outing showed.

PS Surely Caseys' done his time on a satellite bike and a struggling factory bike and has proved he deserves the same 'privileges', as it were, that previous Champions have enjoyed?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Stoner to Suzuki.

Will never happen he is better off where he is now at Honda he will be there for some time.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Ryder

"Julian Ryder made a good point at the weekend about carbon fibre just being a material that is used to make things."

You can't imagine how that statement wound me up.

One or two people on here have been saying that for some time, me included. Whilst none of us profess to be engineers who know better, it's fairly bloody obvious that today's technology can make CF do all sorts of things in all sorts of uses. Also, there was never a statement from Ducati saying that the frame was too stiff due to CF. It was all supposition on the part of many others.

Ryder, Moody, Spalding et all, have repeatedly banged on about the Ducati's lack of front end feel being due to the CF frame.

Now, having had a chat with Preziosi, who put him right about CF and the way it can be constructed to do whatever you want, Ryder 'knowingly' anounces that the CF construction is nothing to do with the problem, it's just one of many construction materials. I almost kicked the TV in.

They can be entertaining at times in their commentary but I wish they'd drop the 'know-all' attitude.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

abracadabra46

You can keep on conjuring up these meaningless stats all you like but they prove nothing about this year and have no bearing on how Rossi or anyone else is doing this year.

You can over analyse till you're blue in the face, it means nothing. Rossi said he found an improvement in the morning warm up. Yet he was 14th in that so how did that improvement manifest itself? How was it 'felt' with that slow time. Hayden was 0.8s faster. Barbera was only 4/10 slower than Rossi's fastest lap in the race and you could argue he is making more progress than Rossi is. What does all this mean - nothing.

As for saying Stoner should go to Suzuki to prove himself....   Maybe, when he burns his Honda bridges like someone else.

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Althgough We'll Never Know

It would nevertheless be very enlightening to know exactly how much better the Honda is than the Ducati.  As I recall, Jeremy Burgess was going to fix the Duc with about fifteen minutes of set-up time.  I guess that's not the only area of deficiency.  No, I suspect that the real difference lies in the electronics.  Something about the Honda initiative to make the motorcycle easier to ride fast.  I guess they figured it out.   

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Carlos Checa VS Valentino Rossi

Read somewhere the duel is happening in the next WSBK round.

Reply to this Topic
TeamPunkass

Jan 10

TeamPunkass says:

Checa vs Rossi

They mentioned it during the telecast, and according to this it might happen

"It is believed Rossi has in-principle accepted the challenge and is seeking approval from his team to compete at the event."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/superbikes/ducatis-motogp-legend-valentino-rossi-accepts-challenge-from-world-superbike-ducati-star-carlos-checa/story-fn5k3gtw-1226129069244

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

ANY BODY

else notice that spalder's on eurosport often talks a lot of shite and contradicts himself regularly ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices