Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo savours 'big' victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo savours 'big' victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo savours 'big' victory

Jorge Lorenzo breathed new life into his 2011 MotoGP world championship challenge in Misano yesterday with a stunning surge to his third victory of the season. Lorenzo made his intentions clear right from the off when he seized the lead from Casey Stoner with a daring move on the brakes at the first corner. The reigning world champion then survived intense pressure...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 September 2011 09:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The world champ at his best

Thank fuck for Jorge. Last week he said the last thing you can loss is hope, and he certainly retains this. The man is a fighter, winner and a great champion.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

A faultless ride. He was my tip for Sunday. Hope he does'nt win too many more though ;)

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

It was indeed a very good ride. I think there is little between Stoner and Lorenzo, or the bikes, and I wouldn't be surprised if they share the rest of the seasons wins between them.

Not many Lorenzo fans on here commenting on his good performance though.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

Comment

I'd just like to comment on Lorenzo's good performance. Posted by a Lorenzo fan

Reply to this Topic
stevyamy

Jul 08

stevyamy says:

You could see the twinkle back in his eye's on friday afternoon. Really enjoyed that race.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

crazy

this guy is crazy rider if he wants it. congrats jorge.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Great ride.....

and it would be fantastic if he can take the fight back to Stoner but I think he has given a bit too much away and it is too little too late. Even more so with some of Stoner's favourite circuits on the horizon. Dani did a great job and it was good to see Stoner tripped up again and how gracious in defeat he was. ??? What is going on... maybe being less frustrated at HRC is helping him to man up and lighten up. Respeck!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Stoners demeanour

A number of factors at play here I believe Willie.

Nr.1 Certain quarters (journalistic far more so than irrelevant web jockeys) not giving Casey the respect due for an utterly dominate title in 2007 on a very difficult motorcycle.

Nr.2 Pressure to perform and repeat that title on a still difficult and virtually undeveloped motorcycle in 2009/2010. Mainly pressure within himself and frustration with Ducati Corse.

Nr.3 Complete vindication from all quarters (except a few web loonies) of his difficult Ducati years by the abject failure of the dominate rider of the past decade to get to grips with the GP16. Together with some very well deserved Schadenfreude on Casey's part.

Nr.4 A machine (RCV212) in which he has confidence and he doesn't need to take to the very edge constantly to compete. Christ that must have been a difficult thing to do week in week out on the GP16 and incredibly mentally taxing and draining. He can now ride within himself and only push when he really feels the need / desire. Any other time he can have that 1-2% buffer in his back pocket a take a mere podium. And he's still peaking. Isn't a racer supposed to be in his prime at around age 32?

Nr.5 Real respect between Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa.

Nr.6 Good old fashioned maturity. An apparently happy and stable domestic situation with a kid on the way. How many of the slandering dickheads on here had any maturity whatsoever at age 25 (of course half of them are still only half this age now, the other half remain half the mental age) let alone at age 21 with a world title in his sky rocket.

Put all the above together and you see a relaxed and confident Stoner willing and able to fully express himself on the motorcycle and show us just how damn good he really is. He's in a really good place in life right now. Good for him.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Great ride!

What a ride! He made a very strong pass in the first corner of the race held off a very aggressive and fast Stoner right at the beginning and then made him pay towards the end! He really showed why he is the defending champ with that display and i hope it continues so that we have a close end to the championship..

Nice to see Stoner having a smile on his face and having a bit of a laugh with his best buddy JL - Did anyone else see JL on the podium jeering the Rossi fans by cupping his ear when they were cheering "Vale" ha ha - quality... He then grabbed Stoners arm like a puppet and tried to get him to do the same but Stoner shied away... Ahh bless, nice to see them two so tight and standing together against Rossi and his mental Italian fans.. it is very sweet!

Seriously though, it is really sad that people boo and jeer the podium finishers.. they should be given respect no matter who your favourite rider is... That shit should be left for football matches... What's next? will we see Stoner spit at a camera and tell the world to fuck off?? I doubt it as these riders have more class than that, maybe the fans should follow their lead!!

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Good one Jorge

Very fast and very consistent, I could have watched that all day. It was a pity Stoner slowing, they seemed to be joined there at one stage.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices