Skip to content

General Bike dealer prejudiced over finance. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Bike dealer prejudiced over finance.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

boroboy

Aug 06

boroboy says:

Bike dealer prejudiced over finance.

Thursday afternoon spotted a VFR and called the dealer, had a chat and we agreed a deal, i called Saturday morning for the reg no, at that point i told the dealer i was arranging my finance and the documents will be sent to him by Tuesday, he said fine but could he call me back to get all my details as he was with someone, 2 hrs later i called him back only to be told they had sold it, he wouldnt even come to the phone to discuss it with me, i think he felt it too much like hard work, i own several bikes and change every year, he hasnt got a clue about that as he, just put me in a pidgeon hole of a certain type of consumer he thinks i am, i hope his business is solid and that he has more customers than he can deal with, somehow i dont think his business model will last that long. RIP another bike dealer. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 September 2011 12:14)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Deposit

Did you pay a deposit?

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

dealer

name and shame,they read these forums.........that was naughty and unprofessional!!!

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Can't blame the dealer that much

... if someone else showed up with cash.  You hadn't seen him or given a deposit.   But what the dealer should have done was call you up to explain the situation, and give you the chance of first refusal by giving an immediate deposit to secure it.

If my own dealer had sold something from under me I'd have been ticked off.  But you can't expect a dealer to turn down a sale on the basis of a telephone conversation with someone he'd never met.  

Reply to this Topic
boroboy

Aug 06

boroboy says:

Dealer should be honest.

I didn,t pay a deposit when we first agreed the deal, nor did he ask for one, i called first thing Saturday for reg. no to arrange insurance and documents, i was arranging to go tomorrow on my bike and leave it with him, all seemed fine, also the dealer is 135 miles away so needed to arrange it in advanced, well peed off with the service he gave me, last three dealers helped me buy a bike, a few sales prevention officers out there!!!

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Busted deal

I think no deposit, no complaint.   

Any dealer is not going to hang onto a decent VFR for too long so a deposit would be needed to secure it.  Also, you had not seen the bike so you may have found fault with it or changed your mind when you saw it in the flesh.

Certainly his behaviour was rude as he should have taken your phone call but basically all he did was sell the bike to the first guy that laid his money down.  That's business. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

i gotta agree.....

it is a bit of poor customer service not to take your call.. however no deposit to a dealer means no sale.. and as said before, if a cash buyer or personal buyer is in store, the dealers gonna sell to the first to put paper in his hands... i secured my new blade with the £20 i had in my pocket at the time!!!

bad deal for you i know, but thats business..... :upset: 

Reply to this Topic
londonbill

Apr 10

londonbill says:

Can completely see

The dealers position.

These are tough times for the bike trade and a sale is a sale.

At the end of the day, you didn't secure the bike with a deposit so he was under no obligation to keep it for you.

You say he didn't ask for a deposit, but to be honest travelling the distance you were planning too, I'm amazed you didn't insist on it.

That said, I think the dealer could have been a little bit more manly in his dealings with you.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices