Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati boss: Rossi is a ‘lion in a cage’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati boss: Rossi is a ‘lion in a cage’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati boss: Rossi is a ‘lion in a cage’

Ducati's engineering expert Filippo Preziosi reckons Valentino Rossi is like a lion trapped in a cage and he warned the Italian's rivals to expect a much more competitive threat once the Bologna factory has improved its Desmosedici machine. Rossi hasn't posed any serious threat to the podium on a consistent basis all season and after 13 rounds off a tough debut...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 September 2011 09:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

crap ducati

That bike  is a pile of shite.   It's bad enough to see valentino battle with it,  but the worst spectacle of all is the satellite ducati teams.    Motogp nowadays is as exciting as watching paint dry.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Leemuz

stuff like that, is funny.

At the start of 2011, there were great expectations for Rossi, there's no denying it. After Qatar most people said give it till half way through the season and he'll be winning. NOw comments from people such as yourself and RDB include rubbish such as 'win, lose or crash he's still a legend and 'people are jealous of his achievments' just to mask this epic failure ...  just goes to show youve pretty much given up hope of what he can do now and in the future now he has his first real challenging bike.

I'd say there's plenty of people jealous of Stoner's achievments on the Ducati, one of those people has to be Rossi.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

06gix

Likewise, i also cannot wait to hear the excuses for Rossi and his boyfriend Uccio. Must kinda suck when you think about it, being a fan of someone who takes it through the back door.. Ew.

Ouch. My shoulder.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

????

should that not be ' ouch my shitter!!'

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Epic failure?

Someone just commented that people are trying to mask Rossi's "epic failure". I hate to point it out but Rossi will only have failed if he walks away from Ducati having not improved/won etc.. However his contract has a while to run yet and as far as I remember only fools judge unfinished work! It aint over till it's over, something Casey maybe needs to remember with Jorge still in the running!!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

dred0

Yeah, no doubt it's not over. When you consider pre season expectations and early season expectations.. it has been a failure thus far, without question. 

carcleanerboy, yes haha i guess so, but i was just echoing the injury which 'supposedly' lasted 6 months.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wosi

At last count Rossi has crashed the Ducati ten times this year. So perhaps in one sense he is riding it like Stoner. Not the one that matters though - results!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yam...

"I'd say there's plenty of people jealous of Stoner's achievments on the Ducati, one of those people has to be Rossi."

I doubt Rossi's particularly jealous... in the time Casey was on it Rossi won 2 championships to Casey's 1... I'd say it's more a new found admiration.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

CCB

Flashes of intelligence shown and then back into the mire of the cesspool.

What 2011 has made abundantly clear is Stoner and his crew are equal to if not better than every other team out the when it comes to machine set-up. The Ducati is the most difficult of all MotoGP machines and Stoner & co. found the key - not all the time but enough to put it on the box plenty and win a few.

Rossi still can't catch his own tail - one podium courtesy Simoncelli and race direction. Remember only a couple of months ago he was so lost & despairing he wanted to return to the GP11. Over and above which you sad little fools 2011 was never supposed to be a development year, it was supposed to be a full on title tilt.  Oh the ignominy for the Yellow Queen. Ten months in and zero progress to show for it. Desperate and flailing. Rossi is broken, he won't be back.

Nor should we forget that signing for HRC was not some soft 'best bike' option for Stoner as the little oompa loompa's would have us believe. When Stoner signed his contract Pedrosa was still fighting the damn thing with every ounce of strength he had just to keep it tracking in a straight line, the bike was a pig.

The Queen is dead all hail the new King.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Nostro

"Nor should we forget that signing for HRC was not some soft 'best bike' option for Stoner as the little oompa loompa's would have us believe. When Stoner signed his contract Pedrosa was still fighting the damn thing with every ounce of strength he had just to keep it tracking in a straight line, the bike was a pig."

Not the best bike but it certainly wasn't a pig when Stoner got on it (& Pedrosa's lack of strength was down to an accident wasn't it?... up until then it was barely off the podium)... Stoner was instantly fast & just got faster... & Rossi should be back but whether it's on the Ducati or whether we can recognise it as a Ducati is another matter. Being unable to master the Duc may not make Rossi a better rider (like mastering it seems to have done for Stoner) but he shouldn't come out of it any worse... providing he comes out of it!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices