Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati boss: Rossi is a ‘lion in a cage’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati boss: Rossi is a ‘lion in a cage’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati boss: Rossi is a ‘lion in a cage’

Ducati's engineering expert Filippo Preziosi reckons Valentino Rossi is like a lion trapped in a cage and he warned the Italian's rivals to expect a much more competitive threat once the Bologna factory has improved its Desmosedici machine. Rossi hasn't posed any serious threat to the podium on a consistent basis all season and after 13 rounds off a tough debut...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 September 2011 09:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Judge Dred

'The Doctor' such a quaint self appointed egotistical title. I must say this doctor of nothing more than spin is certainly having his medicine administered to himself good and proper by all and sundry this year.

'lots of sulking and toy throwing without any positive contribution' Wosi. There's only one man on the grid that fits that description 2011. Never read your take on Pedrosa early 2010 anywhere. More invention on your part. Pedrosa and crew did a fantastic job on making that RCV what it is today.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

To be fair...

ELBOWZ.......Usually sits on the fence with the rssi vs stoner stuff....

And hats off to a guy who supports an underdog.....

Spies has the speed to win...its time he s running out of....as i ve said before....

He needs to get that win within 2/3 years or he wont win....

lets be honest...when marquez moves up....he could well get two or three on the bounce..!!

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

The doctor

Is indeed getting a dose of his own medicine.. Let's hope those that are dishing it out this year can take it come next year. I want to see rossi up there fighting for wins with Casey and the rest, I do not care if he wins or loses, but he deserves more than riding in mid pack. Each and everyone of you guys if you love racing want to see Rossi,Casey,Jorge fighting it out, three to a corner, balls to the wind. You all know that any major battles and great races over the years have one constant - Rossi, so let's hope he gets back up there, and yeah if Casey beats him then fair play ...but 6th/7th at best.. Do me a fucking favour!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

HighRevs46

Wow. Harsh words. Your hero letting you down? Not doing what you thought he'd do this season? Has your God embarrassed you? Just call Esther at Childline and she'll sort it out for you darling.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

lol

Whats it like to live in nostro land...???

I think hens lay soft boiled eggs........and little streams of alcohol...trickle down the rocks....

Honda threw no less than eight chassis at DP...and countless test riders....even hayden tried to get the 800cc bike better than its crap self.....800cc did not suit honda....so cue.......throw milions into developing it...........have 4 x factory riders riding the bike......inc casey...who to be fair was always going to be quick for them.......and hey presto.....honda top 4 out of 6 most weeks running......

And to point out it was the commentators julien ryder n co...that named rossi the doctor........

He did have a nickname for himself that he did pick.......it was in honour of his idol.......

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

dred0

Agreed. Despite the fact that Vale is in the twilight of his career, i'd like to see him at the front but this season has been a friggin' car crash for him. I don't hate him (as some would like to think) as i've posted on numerous times and i hope that 'if' this season leads to sorting the Duke for next year then great. But that's a big 'if'.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Guys

IMO Ducati have their own agenda when it comes to make motorcycles and its abit different to the other manufacturers. Again as not the most technical mind person but with a Rough idea, Rossi and JB have tried their hardest to get it to work along the same line that Ducati have followed for years.

Lets not forget the shoulder injury ,Yamaha not letting releasing him at the end of his contact., making him on the back foot before the season started.

If the ali chasis report is true i think they will start to make progress, sure the detractors with laugh at this.

But Rossi will be back but not as the dominant rider he once was,

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Pacey..

Yeah, Rossi is indeed on his way out and if he can sort out the duke he will indeed silence all critics. But you are right it is a big if, however I believe that every bike fan wants to see great racing.. Unfortunately Loris has already retired so Rossi will probably be next or Colin, whatever when they go an era of racing will go with them. Perhaps Rossi fans are clinging to that era in the hope of great close racing, cos what I have seen this season has been dull and uninspiring. So long live loris, vale, gib, max, Casey, dani, Jorge and let's see some top quality racing!! That is all ; )

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

whats the intell on?

RCT thing? or whatever its called. in theory it sounds good but will it ever work?.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

derd0

I've loved and followed racing since the early 80's and raced myself in the 600Supercup Series in the 90's, a pretty decent standard. Rossi has a huge task at this stage of his career and i don't personally think he'll match the expectations of many here. I'd love to see him back at the front making good races better (who would'nt) but i just can't see it. I could be wrong but........................

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices