Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati boss: Rossi is a ‘lion in a cage’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati boss: Rossi is a ‘lion in a cage’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati boss: Rossi is a ‘lion in a cage’

Ducati's engineering expert Filippo Preziosi reckons Valentino Rossi is like a lion trapped in a cage and he warned the Italian's rivals to expect a much more competitive threat once the Bologna factory has improved its Desmosedici machine. Rossi hasn't posed any serious threat to the podium on a consistent basis all season and after 13 rounds off a tough debut...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 September 2011 09:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

DIDUMS BILOBOY DIDUMS

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

DAMN YOU MAN HOW DARE YOU USE OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE I DAMN WELL HOPE NOBODY Read this drivel you have wrote mcn should stop ppl saying wot they want sensor them and ban all free thought if i were in charge id have work houses and thrash children ban gp only allw ppl i think will say nice things and behead anyone who uses words like cunt fuk off bollx wanker and bullshit merchant cos in this world nobody should b allowed to express thier opinion n matter how they put it over cos im perfect and never do anything wrong infact im going to declare myself as god on earth and denmand mcn ban you and block any attemp you make to live your life your way by way bultoboy GO AND FUK YOURSELF OK MATE ILL SAY WTF I WANT WEN I WANT SO EAT MY ARSE YOU MUPPET

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ITS U!!!!

People like you dokter46 that spoil this forum with all your crap.
Grow up and get a life please.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Akey...

"Rossi jumped on an already sorted yamaha, is that cos it won so many races in the 2002 season"

Well they had a full year to sort it 'cos he didn't swap to Yamaha till 2004 :winkie:

It has been pretty much argued out that the Yamahas were sorted & Rossi merely selected his favourite & rode it like a demon. No shame in that... an excellent rider on a very good bike won the championship. But to build a wall down the middle of your garage to stop your teammate benefiting from your development skills & then lose to him* was a shot in the foot & maybe a testament to his skills in that area.

"As for Stoner winning more races than Rossi in previous seasons, I havent checked the stats, but in those 4 years Stoner won 1 championship compared to Rossi's 2, but hey guess that was the bike not the rider eh!"

Checked or not they're real... don't have to read anything into them... they are what they are. But like the 9 world championships of Rossi they count for nothing in the here & now.

"This is the difference between being a rider who can race hard on anything and a development rider who can help a team create a bike that many people can ride"

Yeah, we saw what a team player Rossi is when he put the aforesaid wall up at Yamaha last year. They both had a bike built & developed by Yamaha but Rossi wouldn't share his set-up with Jorge, losing out spectacularly in the process.

* even if you were generous & gave Rossi 3 race wins for the races he missed & he'd still be nowhere near JL in 2010... or 4 wins... or 5 wins.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I always wonder why people make this statement

"This is the difference between being a rider who can race hard on anything and a development rider who can help a team create a bike that many people can ride"

From 2004, I don't think any rider other than Rossi won a race on the Yam, up until Lorenzo in 2008. So that's 4 years and only one rider was able to win on it. So on what is that statement based?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yes and?

who was his team-mate during that period??
No disrespect to Edwards but he has not won a motoGP race on any bike!
Is it just a coincidence then that the Yamaha improved since Rossi joined them?
Why did Biaggi not stay with Yam and win on it then?
He had the influence to get what he wanted from Yamaha but chose to go to Honda which was already a proven winner yet he could not beat Rossi even when they changed.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Buell...

I don't think that Bulto's saying that Rossi didn't turn Yamaha's fortunes around... he won very successfully on the Yamaha... Rossi is a great rider on the right machine... it's just very apparent that for 4 years no-one else could win on it so there's nothing to support Akey's statement... in fact the Yamaha wall proves he has no interest in developing a bike for someone else to ride... why should he?

Unfortunately much of Akey's post is made up of false suppositions based on flawed facts or popular myths.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

You're making this hard work and causing the very point you said should be dropped to be laboured.

Hedgehog's summed it up for you.

You asked in an ealier post why I mentioned the 2004 M1 again. I said it was to illustrate a point in contractiction of someone else's somehat inaccurate claim. Then you make the following statement

Is it just a coincidence then that the Yamaha improved since Rossi joined them?
Why did Biaggi not stay with Yam and win on it then?

Because as you well know, Furusawa redesigned the bike - completely - for 2004. Before Rossi had even seen it. Biaggi wanted a Honda as it was the best bike at the time he was throwing a tantrum asking for one. No argument there and irrelevant anyway to M1 development. As for Biaggi, I've said before Rossi was a better rider in my opnion. Biaggi would have gone well on the 2004 M1 had he stayed but beaten Rossi to the title? Doubt it. Would have been an interesting season though... I think they'd have had a seperate pit block, never mind a wall.

People keep repeating this 'Rossi develops a bike that anyone can ride' notion. You know as well as everyone else how competitive he is, how big his ego is. Do you honestly think he is going to do anything for any rider other than himself when suggesting a direction for bike development. You can just imagine it - Oh hang on Furu, that works for me but Colin looks to be struggling, he was going better before we changed that, so change it back again.

I agree, Edwards isn't better than Rossi, but in races Rossi didn't win, or crashed out of, Edwards didn't win either. But everyone says what an excellent bike Rossi developed that anyone could win on....

All I'm saying is some people make these claims with not a single fact to back them up.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Cockter46

You need a slap!..

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

REPEATED AGAIN???

it's already prove that rossi cann't developt ducati. why you all rossi's fans cann't believe it!!! even JB already admit it that they use everything to set up the bike. even took a peek to stoner set up!!!! he isn't that great. he just the same like lorenzo. that's why YAMAHA CHOOSE LORENZO to stay cause THEY KNOW it's now rossi whose developt the bike!!! it's furusawa. look at the fact now in ducati.

JB and rossi only find the most great set up for the bike and to suit rossi riding, weight, etc!!! why we always must repeat this news again???!!! are you just get out from rehabilitasion facility???? LOL.

after change the rear, front, and now they wants to change the machine. it looks from JB statement. well, i think ducati president isn't that stupid to obey rossi!!!! it was a proven solid competitif bike!!!! if you wants to fix it, than fix the front JUST LIKE STONER said!!! everybody in this whole world laughing now about this so call god rider approach to this matters. including me of course.

change the machine??? LOL. okay guys, now i announce that we got the new beast since paris hilton arrive in motogp world. THE BEASTY (BEAST BITCHY) LOL. maybe rossi should color it with pink and banana color. LOL. i cann't wait to see it. are you too guys??????????????????????/

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices