Skip to content

Discuss This Motorway demo over restrictive EU rules General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorway demo over restrictive EU rules

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Motorway demo over restrictive EU rules

A Motorcycle lobby group is planning to bring disruption to motorways across the country in protest over restrictive new legislation from Europe for bikes. The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) wants bikers to meet at service stations all over the UK before holding up traffic in 45mph motorway rides on September 25.  The group is opposing a raft of European Commission proposals including...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 September 2011 11:57)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Counter effective?

Not sure I'm with MAG on this one. Irritating other motorists doesn't help us much. Also its arranged on a Sunday - will encourage the thought that bikes are just weekend toys and should be taxed as luxury items...

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

I'm doing it

I will be taking part in our ride out here in Ireland ...but .. i don't think its going to make any difference.. i think it will just be a nice day out meeting other enthusiasts ....

Reply to this Topic
LukeZX6

May 09

LukeZX6 says:

Count me in.

I can see where Andy is coming from, however this should be enough of a kick to get the EU to realise that a majority of motorcyclists don't want this new law. And winding them up in the progress is just a bonus . . .  

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

I'm up for this

Time to show the Euro loonies what we think of them and their stupid laws and ideas.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

This is a golden opportunity to remind Europe that we are an island nation who don't need or appreciate their interference and to remind our own MP's that bikers are voters too. Count me in!

Reply to this Topic
dartmaster85

Jun 09

dartmaster85 says:

the EU

the  EU is like a dictator,all they wanna do is controling somebody`s life!

take the EURO the biggest mistake in history,even so teh european union after the WALL fall down.

whitin in a decade we came from 15 country`s to 27 now and a couple on the waiting list,and then we have the southern european country`s which are the biggest maffia themselfs.

why is it that when riding a bike everything must be regulated(speed/horsepower) when you are 18 and not a car.

here in the netherlands we  are getting 3 levels!

18 years max 15 bhp,21 35 bhp and 24 years and older UNLIMITED,WHEN YOU`RE 18 AND HAVE A RICH DAD OWNING A FERRARI WHITH 500+ BHP and permission to drive that thing its NO PROBLEM!

jack

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Damn, can't make it...

... doing the London 1/2 marathon that weekend :upset:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Protest.

I'll be there, but 45mph on a motorway doesn't sound like a sensible (safe) speed to me. Presumably it's so that we inconvenience others, ensuring that the mobile obstruction is reported. Hopefully the reasons will be aired and discussed in the media but I'm not sure they'll be that interested. Will there be flyers to hand out at the service stations? Maybe MAG could draft some electronic versions which we could print off at home (or work!). Otherwise we're just a bunch of bikes going idiotically slowly as far as the other drivers are concerned.

Reply to this Topic
Tigra600

Sep 11

Tigra600 says:

I will definitely be there!!

This could be a huge turning point in biking history if this legislation goes ahead in the UK, make no mistake, this could be the end of biking as we know it!

I know that most people aren't interested in the political side of things, but anyone that rides a powered two wheeler cannot afford to be complacent when such a huge threat is looming.

For more Information on why the demo's are taking place go to the MAG website, see link below:

www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883

Hey James600zx, there are links to flyers and posters on the dedicated Facebook page, see below:

www.facebook.com/pages/25th-Sept-2011-Action-Now-EU-Hands-Off-Biking/218514361530962

There has never been a greater threat to motorcycling in the UK - time to get on your bikes, ride en masse and show some unity!

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Flyers.

Thanks Tigra600!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN