Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess: ‘We need some more help’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess: ‘We need some more help’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess: ‘We need some more help’

Valentino Rossi’s legendary crew chief Jerry Burgess said it is time for Ducati to start making radical changes to its struggling Desmosedici MotoGP project. Rossi finished seventh in his home race in Misano last weekend but still finished 23 seconds behind race winner Casey Stoner as the GP11.1 machine was comprehensively defeated by Honda and Yamaha again. And Aussie Burgess says the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 September 2011 09:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Can we give up on the WON'T

ride it like Stoner line? The man himself whilst dusting himself down from crash number ten (yes little dears Rossi has eaten that much gravel 2011) on the Ducati has said he CAN'T ride it like Stoner. For this reason he desparately wants to turn it into an M1 despite all the calls earlier in the year of the GP16 being a proper difficult to ride prototype with him being up for the challenge, and of wanting to keep the Duke's DNA.

I never quite realised just how much of a circus MotoGP is, until Rossi started doing all these backflips.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Move the engine...

put it in a lower more central position, it will fly round those corners. I have a feeling that changing the frame isnt going to do anything.

Reply to this Topic
HighRevz46

Sep 11

HighRevz46 says:

Carlosoul

Do you even follow GP lol? Thats the problem they cant move jack squat, the engine is part of the chasis its the middle part, thats why they cant properly change the chasis during race weekends or move the engine.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Bob Buttacracklicker

Its morons like you who come on here just to throw mud and call names that spoil good debate.

Ducati hired the winningest rider of the modern era and his chief Mechanic to try resolve the problems with the piece of shit bike that had broke the will of many and good rider before him.

I dont care how much money a rider gets paid but its never enough to ride a bike over what its capable of and risk crippling or worse killing themselves over because they know they are likely to crash

Nostro im suprised at you, you had a pop at me for dropping to the name calling level whilst joking for then slip there yourself

Rossi and Burgess are in the Ducati project for the long haul .Yes it season have been a massive letdown and probably a major shock for them, They did everything they could to try make it  WHILST sticking within the line of a Ducati concept but if just doesnt WORK!!!!!

SO now that theyve finally held their hands up and been strong enough to say they cant make it work why slag them down and pretend their past sucess was nothing to do with them.

Rossi would still be running in the front group if theyed been give a fresh start from day one. Granted his day of being the dominant force are over but on a good bike he's still be in the so called alien bracket.

I for one hope Ducati do listen to them and go back to the drawing board and come up with a bike that works for the good of the sport, because there would then be Six decent rides up for grabs every year not the current four if you lose the extra ones honda were forced to create this year.

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

carcleanerboy..

well said mate.. some of the people on here give the impression that they are not really interested in the racing only watching their idols winning over a increasingly narrow field. Lets hope ducati get it sorted so that more competition up the front drives the teams on to faster and better results.. this is what prototype racing is all about..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Dred0...

Just thought I'd try your statement sustituting Stoner & Honda for Rossi & Ducati...

"Before Stoner & his crew got their hands on the 800 Honda it had won countless championships, and was so rider freindly everyone that jumped on it was an instant winner, riders became overnight heros and nobody ever fell off, the thing was so stable!! These two losers want to retire and let someone else have a go... what do they know about bikes between them they have no proven track record!!!!!!  No-one has won ONE championship on it and no-one ever falls off ... - the only modification I would recommend would be a gravel deflector and some crash bungs!!!"

Let's compare the Honda 800 which has never won a championship to the Ducati 800 which has.

2007 Ducati ST 4 DNFs : Repsol Honda 6 DNFs

2008 Ducati ST 3 DNFs : Repsol Honda 3+ DNFs

2009 Ducati CF 3 DNFs : Repsol Honda 6 DNFs

2010 Ducati CF 8 DNFs : Repsol Honda 5 DNFs

Ducati 800 18 DNFs : Repsol Honda 800 20 DNFs (& that's being kind to Honda... I couldn't be arsed to look at their DNSs but included Stoner's on the Duc)

... & they say the CF Ducati was a crap package... Stoner's climbed on a bike that's never won an 800 championship & has as many DNFs as the CF Ducati (more times overall) & is turning it into a winner!... Rossi's climbed on a bike that's had the same number of crashes as the championship leading bike (far less if you look at this year's stats & include a certain rider) & is going nowhere.

I hold my hands up... they're real statistics but they don't tell the whole truth... interesting all the same... I just posted them to prove that using Stoner's performance on the Ducati to excuse Rossi's poor performance this year doesn't work... please don't respond as though I believe them.

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Some fella..

Called Lorenzo is on record saying "He [Rossi] has not become a bad rider" and "If he has a good feeling, he will be fighting for the victory again" Ha ha ha - what a loser, we all know that Rossi lost his ability over night and can no longer ride for shit..... This Lorenzo needs to read the scrawlings of Bob, Yam and Nostro for the real low down!

"racing isn't about aiming to finish second, third or seventh!" - That is unless you are a little bit tired though hey Bob... then it's okay to settle for third..

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

I may be wrong here Hedgy...But..

I thought the post by dred was meant to be tongue in cheek?

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

hahahaha.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Moaner...

I know it was... he said that "riders became overnight heros and nobody ever fell off, the thing was so stable!!"... meaning the Ducati was a pig & everybody fell off it... I was just pointing out that the 800 Honda that Stoner's inherited has had more DNFs (same number since 2009 CF)... no-one says the Honda is/was a foul handling pig (except Leemuz of course)... I just posted it to prove that using Stoner's performance on the Ducati shouldn't be used to excuse Rossi's poor performance this year... otherwise why isn't Stoner doing crap on the statistically inferior handling Honda? *

* Please don't answer the last question... there are lots of reasons why... similarly there are lots of reasons why Rossi is having a bad year that have nothing to do with Stoner. Pointless.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle