Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess: ‘We need some more help’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess: ‘We need some more help’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess: ‘We need some more help’

Valentino Rossi’s legendary crew chief Jerry Burgess said it is time for Ducati to start making radical changes to its struggling Desmosedici MotoGP project. Rossi finished seventh in his home race in Misano last weekend but still finished 23 seconds behind race winner Casey Stoner as the GP11.1 machine was comprehensively defeated by Honda and Yamaha again. And Aussie Burgess says the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 September 2011 09:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

I didn't read your post before posting mine Hedgy..

I promise... :) Scarily similar...

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

everyone equal..

steady on guys, you carry on like that and we will end up with a one manufacturer, one tyre, one chassis championship... prototype racing is dead.. long live the "Honda we are the best and got what we wanted Cup"

Reply to this Topic
torryboy

Mar 09

torryboy says:

burgess

makes that its a 45 minute fix for the duke comment he made when he and vale signed for ducati ook really bad eh!and you would think the greatest of all time would at least try and ride round the problems like stoner but i suppose that sort of thing is beneth him.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Burgess actually said...

It was an 80 second fix... even worse and a complete under-estimation on his and Rossi's part! this should be a very humbling situation for the pair of them and i hope they learn from it!!

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

dont you just love the armchair racers on here

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

Hedgehog5/Moaner

The comparison is valid and probably the closest we will ever get. Last year when Rossi's switch was announced people were acting like he was a Messiah who was going to jump on the Ducati and somehow transform it, eclipsing Stoner's already impressive performance. If you believe the hype about Rossi and his supremacy then that is what should have happened. It didn't.

Stoner did not have 4 years experience on that bike either - it went through several evolutions, from tube frame to carbon for example. But the bike Rossi tested at the end of 2010 and has raced on this year is very close to what Stoner had during 2010. Rossi's form on it during the Valencia test was immediately poor, and he has done no better since.

The other bikes including the Honda and Yamaha did not make a massive leap this year. If you take whatever improvements they did make, and add to that Rossi's lack of experience with the Ducati, it still doesn't explain away Rossi's massive lack of form on a bike that Stoner was able to race to credible results.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Elefantman...

"The comparison is valid and probably the closest we will ever get"

If we take it that the comparison is valid (& I don't agree that it is) then what have we proved... not that "This is the year we learned that on an equivalent bike, Stoner is a better rider than Rossi", but that last year on a Ducati Stoner was a better rider than Rossi was at the start of this year... the equivalent bike has to be a Ducati 'cos that's the bike Rossi can't ride. Put them both on a Honda & I think that Stoner would still beat Rossi but there's no way I could prove it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Moaner you may have missed

the fact Lorenzo had Rossi's number well and truly last year. Oh but yes I know, the shoulder, the shoulder. The bloody shoulder that gave him gyp when he didn't win but miraculously was O.K in Malaysia.

The Yamaha Motor Company recognised this fact to with their determination to retain their World Champion despite the protestations, demands and tantrums of their former world champion.

We can all argue hypotheticals 'til we're blue in the face. Yet the glaringly obvious fact in the here and now is Rossi has been one gigantic flop on the Ducati. Yes some culpability on Ducati's part but the vast majority of it lies at his own egotistical feet.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

HELP

They don't need help. All they had to do was secure an equal deal with Lorenzo for 2011 and beyond. They opted for a 'real' challenge and now they have it.  The obvious challenge was to defeat Lorenzo on level kit 2011, but 'GOAT' saw it not. So,challenges they have, results they don't. I wonder for how long Philip Morris will appease their cries for help. 

Reply to this Topic
adamlines

Sep 11

adamlines says:

but Stoner didnt win? Lorenzo did? poor effort MCN

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle