Skip to content

Sport WSBK - keeping the costs down? World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Sport > World Superbikes > WSBK - keeping the costs down?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

WSBK - keeping the costs down?

Now, if you only enjoy racing when it's between thorough-bred race bikes, you may want to stop reading now.

If on the other hand you just like close, competitive racing regardless, like we've seen in Moto2, then read on...

I reckon there would be no harm in WSBK getting back to closer ties with it's road bike roots and in the process bringing costs down significantly.

What if the present SuperStock rules, tweaked and twisted here and there as necessary, were applied to WSBK? Maybe we keep the slick tyres but apart from that a serious reduction in development costs and much tighter regulation of mods.

Of course, where would the SuperStock class go? How about this becomes virtually a near stock production class, with just the usual safety changes allowed.

Costs down and I don't believe at the expense of tight and exciting racing with a healthy differentiation between it and MotoGP.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 September 2011 14:10)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wardy14

Oct 11

wardy14 says:

WSBK

Sounds good to me mate., Swan Yamahas 250k each! why? Ban the electronics thats the biggest drain in motor sport and completely unecessary

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices