Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi unlikely to accept Carlos Checa’s WSB challenge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi unlikely to accept Carlos Checa’s WSB challenge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi unlikely to accept Carlos Checa’s WSB challenge

Valentino Rossi has virtually ruled out making a shock World Superbike wild card appearance for Ducati later this year. The nine-times world champion was challenged to a duel by WSB championship leader Carlos Checa at the Imola round on September 25, which Rossi would be free to compete in as the race falls between the Motorland Aragon and Twin Ring Motegi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 September 2011 11:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Easyfred

Aug 11

Easyfred says:

HR46

There is no god

If there were I doubt that he would wear a skin tight leather dayglo yellow romper suit and fiddle with himself while pulling out of pit lane

You're making the common mistake of confusing a normal human being with an aptitude for riding motorcycles with an omiscient deity

I bet your school report was just peppered with the phrase "must try harder"

Besides if a biker were god it would have to be Travis Pastrana

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

One good season in SBK.

If memory serves me right I think Checa finished 2nd in his first season in that category riding the Honda Fireblade.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

If there was a god

It would be a biker called Joey from Ballymoney in ireland

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

''Checa is at the top of his game this season and if he jumped on the Desmo at Valencia I wouldn't be surprised to see him " do a Bayliss.''

Surely a better option all round?

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

PC don't think there.

Any options as no one would want to ride that bike.

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

why not

Well be a good race to watch , ok Rossi would need some time to get use to the bike , but hes not got anythink to lose maybe he could have hes first win of the year ,GO FOR IT ROSSI

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Checa didn't do much on the GP5, so I don't see why he would do any better now if I'm honest.

I'm glad Checa is a shoe-in for the WSB title this year, after all those years in GP with only two wins and a dozen or so podium to show for it. 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Elbowz

Checa has nothing to lose. Despite the Duke being a dog he'd relish a 'day at the races' with no pressure. Maybe Troy's invitation and the performance he put in a few years ago have ruled it out though. Ducati would'nt want to be bit twice.................

Reply to this Topic
slowy46

Mar 09

slowy46 says:

Rossi

Lets not forget When Rossi tested an WSB bike at Bruno in 2010 a head of his return after breaking his leg.  He went faster than the race winner that year.  So i think Rossi would have a very good chance of winning as when he tested the R1 he was not at full fitness

From the article:

team manager Davide Brivio, Rossi's best lap was a 1min 59.135sec which is quicker than the new race lap record of 1min 59.291sec set on the same R1 by Cal Crutchlow on Sunday.

Rossi was comfortably under the fastest Sunday WSBK laps by Brno race winners Max Biaggi (Aprilia) and Jonathan Rea (Honda), who set best laps of 1min 59.763sec (Biaggi) and 1min 59.809sec (Rea) on their way to first and second in race two, Rea having got the better of Biaggi in race one.

Reply to this Topic
HighRevz46

Sep 11

HighRevz46 says:

all of you suck my dick...

...i meant one season that hes certified to win, but because all of you are fucking mediators im not even going to take part in discussions with you homo's...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle