Skip to content

Discuss This New Ducati chassis spied in Mugello MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > New Ducati chassis spied in Mugello

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

New Ducati chassis spied in Mugello

Ducati have been spotted testing the new British-built aluminium frame that they hope will transform Valentino Rossi's woeful MotoGP performance this season. The frame, built by Buckingham-based FTR, is being tested in Mugello this week. Bologna factory sources have confirmed to MCN in Misano last weekend that FTR had been collaborating with Ducati for several weeks on the new projects, with Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 September 2011 12:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YZF750RR

Sep 09

YZF750RR says:

alloy frame debunted

Are we, the 20 year son and me, the only ones who remember the road going demso of 2008 had an alloy frame? So why all the histrionics? Good luck with the FTR frame and why not use a Harris frame? At least the FTR is known in Moto2 to only work on certain tracks. With Gerry and Vale on the case, it'll be back to the front pretty soon. Good news for the championship.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

rdb46

thanks for that info, i guess many of us need to know can it be used as it would maybe salvage a good result for vr, hopefully all this are of frame issues will be over so all factory teams can fight for it next year, we all want bette racing with no ahem, excuses, cf will stay as i thought tho, i doubt even if ftr made or design the frame ducati would go public on it. cheers for the info. roll on next round.

Reply to this Topic
nathanwells2007

Jun 11

rossi

well done rossi and ducati as you can see he is testing different things and i can see racing will be more interesting next year as he is gettin the bike sorted as its not been the same with out rossi up the front

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Not Surprising

. . . to see the Italians going to the U.K. to get a proper chassis.  On the other hand, you could make the frame tubes out of pasta for all the good it will do without access to Honda electronics.  Go ahead fellas, flame on.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Harris???

They haven't made a decent chassis in years! Ducati wants to be heading to Germany if they want Moto 2 expertise.

Reply to this Topic
mrtrent

Sep 11

mrtrent says:

Typical British Self Promotion

The British, the English in particular are so sore that their sorry country has not produced a decent motorcycle  or rider for many, many years that they are now trying to take credit for being the saviours of Ducati, I note that Triumphs are looking awfully like Ducati's these days...... if its true that Ducati have had the frame constructed in Britain it would be from plans and drawings supplied to frame manufacturer by Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
aussiefrank

Sep 11

aussiefrank says:

Dangerous

I can remember a certain English F1 team being caught and convicted of stealing and photocopying Ferrari plans, If its true that Ducati have gone to Britain I hope they have got their plans under armed guard because we all know how low the English will slide to gain an advantage, not that they have any riders or bikes worth racing in moto-gp at the moment....in any case, what the hell would the English know about motorcycles? they can't build them, and they certainly can't ride them!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ha ha ha

you ozzies are so bitter, and you never stop whinging!

Never forget, you're made up from the shit we didn't want...

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Oh Frank!

The English know quite a bit about motorcycles. They have a long history of motorcycle manufacture. 

They also know about riding them contrary to your comment. Check the history of the TT and WSB. The only area where we fall short at the moment is in MotoGP, but there are up comers here too.
We also know what to do with bread pinchers and common thieves who don`t deserve to live in such a beautiful country.
We also know about cricket. :lol:

Remind me please, about the Australian motorcycle industry. It seems to have slipped my mind.:lol:

Casey, Wayne and Mick all great. But you can`t use just three blokes to support your ludicrous claims.

Turns out your education system is lacking as well! Ha!

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Yes

"Your made up from the shite we didn`t want".

Thats what I meant to say!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices