Skip to content

Discuss This Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

Double World Superbike Champion, James Toseland is retiring from professional motorcycle racing with immediate effect following a visit to Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mike Hayton, yesterday. The visit confirmed Toseland’s worst fears that the damage sustained to his right wrist during a testing crash at Aragon earlier this year is irreparable and no amount of physiotherapy can repair the injury. The crash...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 September 2011 10:16)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bandit99

Aug 11

bandit99 says:

Cheers JT

James,

Very sad indeed to lose you in top flight motorcycle racing. I entirely agree with all the positive comments posted here.

You were a pleasure to watch. I only wished you had more success in motogp but it was never to be.

However, two WSBK championships is an outstanding achievement. Bar none. Keep your chin up mate and please stay with motorcycle racing. You're a credit to british sport.

Wish you all the very best. I'll shall continue to wear my JT t-shirt with pride.

Cheers JT.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

J T.

all the best JT,its going to take some time to get over this 1.....

Reply to this Topic
76rufus

Oct 06

76rufus says:

Good Luck to JT

I'd just like to say good luck and all the best to James Toseland, He has always been one of the most professional, polite and easily accessable riders in the paddock. I have met him a few times and he has always offered up his time freely and you never felt rushed (even with a mile long queue behind you.).

He is a true gent and to hang up your leathers early due to an injury and accept that their is nothing you can do is a very difficult desicion but one only ever taken by the best riders.

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Gutted for him

Poor James,hoped he'd bounce back from that injury but obviously it was a lot worse than initially thought.A great shame for any racer to have to retire as a result of injury.Best of luck to him.

Reply to this Topic
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

sad news indeed

Very sad to hear of JT forced retirement, as well as having won two world super bike championships I found him to be a very nice guy when saw him a couple of times in the paddock, hope James finds something after racing to keep happy and busy, thanks for many enjoyable races, the double at brands was best meeting I've been too.

Reply to this Topic
whiteysj

Oct 02

whiteysj says:

JT

Sorry to hear about the retirement of James Toseland he is a true professional and a gentlemen he gave us some great racing and was a worthy Champion it will be sad not to see him racing again but hopefully he will remain in the paddock in some way or another to give us his insight and knowledge into our very special sport good luck for your future James and Thank You.

Reply to this Topic
wildchildbikes

Feb 06

JT

Sorry to hear this shock news, really thought that James would be back on it again after a bit of rest! Spent some of my best racing weekends, especially at Brands, during JT’s World Super Bike days, watching this guy! Good luck in whatever you do next James!

Reply to this Topic
FLAT6CYL

Jul 11

FLAT6CYL says:

SUCH A SHAME

Superb Rider ,Superb Champion ,Superb Man and a Superb Ambassador for the sport.Going to GP's fucked him up ,if he'd stayed with Ten Kate he'd have been champion again at least once ,2008 ,and would probably have beaten Foggy's record by now.Very sorry to see him go.The very best of luck for the future.NOW ALL OF THE TOSSERS THAT HAVE KNOCKED HIM IN THE LAST FEW YEARS CAN FUCK OFF AND PICK ON SOMEBODY ELSE.......YOUR'E ALL SHITHEADS WITH NO KNOWLEDGE AND EVEN LESS COMMON SENSE!!!!

Reply to this Topic
DrZed

May 09

DrZed says:

A Credit To His Country

Such a sad day James. You always gave %100 and have been a delight to watch over the years.
I was sat in the stand of the Parabolica at Monza in 2006 when you binned it.

You propper rung your bell. But you got up, covered in dust, your visor hanging off, hardly knowing what day it was.. You turned to the crowd, bowed then threw your helmet to them. Priceless ! The fans loved you for it and gave you the biggest cheer of the day!

Made me proud to be a Yorkshireman !

You have been a credit to yourself, your sport, your County and your Country. A true Yorkshireman with propper Yorkshire Grit.

Reply to this Topic
DrZed

May 09

DrZed says:

A Credit To His Country

Such a sad day James. You always gave %100 and have been a delight to watch over the years.
I was sat in the stand of the Parabolica at Monza in 2006 when you binned it.

You propper rung your bell. But you got up, covered in dust, your visor hanging off, hardly knowing what day it was.. You turned to the crowd, bowed then threw your helmet to them. Priceless ! The fans loved you for it and gave you the biggest cheer of the day!

Made me proud to be a Yorkshireman !

You have been a credit to yourself, your sport, your County and your Country. A true Yorkshireman with propper Yorkshire Grit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices